Well, I've booked my first ever spray tan and chosen Nouvatan!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole333

Reaction score
I have finally booked it, it's for later today and I'm a little bit excited and a little bit scared!

I have just spent the last hour exfoliating with some fake bake polish, but havn't put any of the oil free moisturiser on (as instructed).
I do have some nasty dry areas around my nails and down one side of my index finger though that I would normally put Solar oil on. Should I refrain from doing this, or use the oil free moisturiser on these areas? I have three hours to go until my tan.

It's a trial run for me, so that I can decide if I want to have it done before my holiday. I wonder what percentage is going to be right for me, being pale.

Wish me luck Geeks :biggrin:

I have finally booked it, it's for later today and I'm a little bit excited and a little bit scared!

I have just spent the last hour exfoliating with some fake bake polish, but havn't put any of the oil free moisturiser on (as instructed).
I do have some nasty dry areas around my nails and down one side of my index finger though that I would normally put Solar oil on. Should I refrain from doing this, or use the oil free moisturiser on these areas? I have three hours to go until my tan.

It's a trial run for me, so that I can decide if I want to have it done before my holiday. I wonder what percentage is going to be right for me, being pale.

Wish me luck Geeks :biggrin:
dont use solar oil :eek:
Good luck with your training and NJOY

I'm not training, I'm being indulgent and having it applied to me. :biggrin:

I thought I'd better check with the Solar oil first as the advice I read on here is about avoiding oil. Although, I was wondering with it being a light and quick absorbing oil, that I may have had enough time between applying it and having the tan.

I ended up putting a little oil free moisturiser on these areas.

I had 10% done as I am pale, but was worried 8% wouldn't be enough for what I wanted. Considering I couldn't prep in the ideal way (exfoliated the same morning, no moisturiser the day before, so I know I would have had dry skin) it has come out not too bad.

I must remember not to take the sticky feet off before wiping them free of product first :rolleyes: I have some nice marks where I did this!

I should have asked for barrier cream on my elbows being as I couldn't apply moisturiser on the day.

What I love is how it's made my Shellac Negligee french really stand out. Also, I now look normal in colour rather than winter pale!

All in all, a good trial run. Next time I can obviously plan it better to do a proper prep and I'm going to go for 12%!

Latest posts

Back