Well less tips - a bit of advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrumpyjo44

Reaction score
Hi, I am just starting to use tips and need a bit of clarification of the different types.

I have some of the well less tips but can someone just explain to me how you apply them. How much of the tip goes on the nail? Would you use them for a 'mild' nail biter or are well tips better for that?

Thanks very much

Hi, I am just starting to use tips and need a bit of clarification of the different types.

I have some of the well less tips but can someone just explain to me how you apply them. How much of the tip goes on the nail? Would you use them for a 'mild' nail biter or are well tips better for that?

Thanks very much

The well less tips should really sit onthe smile line even if it is only a sliver of a smile line; they can literally hang on the very end.

I prefer to use tips with wells on a nail biter to help elongate the plate and the side walls but you can use well less tips for this too but would have to use an opaque powder to elongate the nail plate in this case or the nail bed can look way too short and unattractive.

If you are new to nails you may not be using opaque powders yet so I'd stick to tips with wells for biters for now, if I were you. HTH

Last edited:
Thanks for your quick reply and help Geeg

Latest posts

Back