well less tips,blending??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tove

Reaction score
I just got my o.p.i product guide,and they got some well less tips..And it said no blending..
Dont you blend the well less natural tips?I have never tried them but always thought you had to..

I use Raptors on one particular client and dont blend them except at the side walls. I thought that they were a little thick and tried blending them but she found that the nails did not last long before cracking and breaking.

She has been coming for a year and never ever breaks a nail, I think in a year I may have had to replace 3 or 4 that she has cracked, but she has never come with one missing until I blended the well less tips.

HTH
Rachel

i always blend hate it though.What i would like to know is how many of you blend if you are doing pink and whites.Do you think you really need to i know the thinner and all that more product but we dont blend white tips and they are as strong so why??

No, those that use white tips don't blend them and they will not be as strong as blended tips. More nail, more product to give strength...if half/third of the nail is covered in a unblended tip then there is less nail for the product....and its the product that gives you the strength.

the well less tips are designed to be placed only on the free edge, you would not be covering 1/3 or 1/2 of the nail if you apply them correctly.

some well less tips are thicker than others and in some cases you might want to thin them. for a thin ready to use tip i recomend pro impressions well less .there is no need to blend them.

as with all tip and overlay applications, strength comes from the correct structure and placement of the apex.

I think it's also a preference for a look to.
Yes, it's certainly eaiser not to blend them. then you end up with a smile line and you could refer to them as an 'american manicure'.
When you blend, there is no line.

Most of the time, I do blend for a more natural look and for a stronger enhancement. But with the hyper thin asian tips, I don't find a need to thin
them anymore than they already are.

hth's

So a well less tip would be best to use on someone that got a free edge to stick it to?Since u dont have to blend them if....
And very short nails it would be best with normal tips with a well so u can blend them....

you only need about .... 1/2mm to place a welless tip properly.

So a well less tip would be best to use on someone that got a free edge to stick it to?Since u dont have to blend them if....
And very short nails it would be best with normal tips with a well so u can blend them....

You can use it on either, except on someone with a short nail bed (cause someone can still have a long nail bed and no free edge, if you know what I mean) you might want to blend it otherwise a smile line so low might look funky.
Not having a well means you have a little more play as to where you put them, and I also find well-less to be thinner. BUT that might differ from brand to brand. Only commenting on those I've tried.

hth's

Ah:) Okey,i get it.That was what i was thinking if you dont blend them it would look a bit weird on a short nailbed,but i understand now.finally..lol..
Thanks for the help everyone!

Latest posts

Back