wella 10/0 with 6% or 9%

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Hi
prob a basic question but as I have been out of the salon for a while not sure which is best.
My sis in law has a bit of multi tonal going on through years of home box colouring, she had at least 50% grey now with a mix of about a 7 base.
her ends are as light as a 10 and mid length are a bit uneven.

This is the first time in years I am colouring her hair for her as an all over tint.
So what peroxide should I go for a 6% or 9% I will be using Wella kolleston shade 10/0, I Realise I may have to alter perox to take through to the ends to try to balance out the colour.
thanks guys

Hi

What is the actual colour of her hair at the moment? I understand its a combination of colours but what is the predominant colour?

Hi

What is the actual colour of her hair at the moment? I understand its a combination of colours but what is the predominant colour?

A box colour at about a level 10

I wouldn't put a level 10 on someonone with 50% grey hair as there is no coverage in a level 10 better with a 9.

funny you should say that cos after I posted I re thought about it and yes maybe 9 would be better, I think my main aim is gonna be to try and make the colour more even. Yes coverage and being lighter was something I have had before on a client, she was much older and it was fine as she wanted to blend more then cover her white hair if that makes sense?!
but sis in law will want coverage for a while first!!

dont know if it will be any help, but i would use 6% for the predominantley grey areas usually front and sides and swap over to 9% for the darker roots usually at the back, then 3% as you are going slightly darker on the mid and ends if you are using the 9/0
someone may come along and have more knowledge but that is what i would do

dont know if it will be any help, but i would use 6% for the predominantley grey areas usually front and sides and swap over to 9% for the darker roots usually at the back, then 3% as you are going slightly darker on the mid and ends if you are using the 9/0
someone may come along and have more knowledge but that is what i would do
Just What i would do , I have a client with up to 70/80 % grey around the front hairline and parting getting less as goes pack down the head , say 30% grey , took a few sessions before I found the correct areas to use the various peroxides on. You may still find the grayer areas take well and quite true to colour but the back goes a bit orangy ( altough my client has a base 5) . so 3 times a year i run a few foils through with some bleach to lift and some level 8 to add a lovely multi tonal effect. One of the main areas to think of is tints wont lighten tint so any areas that are darker than a 9 will not change . x

Latest posts

Back