Wella Color Touch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey just wondering does colour touch lift at all?

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was told at college it can lift one level, but I don't think it does.

However sunlights within colour touch are beautiful if you just want 2 levels of soft lift x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

thanks sweet!

I was told at college it can lift one level, but I don't think it does.

However sunlights within colour touch are beautiful if you just want 2 levels of soft lift x

Your college was definitely wrong... 😂

Your college was definitely wrong... 😂

Yeah, this isn't the only thing they taught me which wasn't true lol x

Do you no a nice brown on a base of a 6 or 5 in wella that will cover bleached blonde hair for foils. I find browns in other brands fade so quickly even if there have warmth in them. Not used wella yet.

Do you no a nice brown on a base of a 6 or 5 in wella that will cover bleached blonde hair for foils. I find browns in other brands fade so quickly even if there have warmth in them. Not used wella yet.

Any of the deep browns in colour touch would be nice, if you pre pig with perfecton it will last longer x

We had a girl in our class that had coloured her hair (stupidly) at home on her own. She had lightened it so much, and hadn't used a toner, it was almost white. To which one of the tutors said, it's lighter than a 12! Lmao!

Anyway it was at the time rihanna was really big and had "RIHANNA RED" haha. And that was the colour my friend wanted.

The tutors said because it is so light it won't take... How can a colour not take on hair that light? Fair enough it will fade quickly, but it will take the colour!

And I remember saying all we need to do is pre pig with perfecton then have a couple of applications with colour touch.

We Did it and of course it was the brightest red the world had ever seen.

I can't believe the tutor thought it wouldn't work :s x

We had a girl in our class that had coloured her hair (stupidly) at home on her own. She had lightened it so much, and hadn't used a toner, it was almost white. To which one of the tutors said, it's lighter than a 12! Lmao!

Anyway it was at the time rihanna was really big and had "RIHANNA RED" haha. And that was the colour my friend wanted.

The tutors said because it is so light it won't take... How can a colour not take on hair that light? Fair enough it will fade quickly, but it will take the colour!

And I remember saying all we need to do is pre pig with perfecton then have a couple of applications with colour touch.

We Did it and of course it was the brightest red the world had ever seen.

I can't believe the tutor thought it wouldn't work :s x

The things these tutors come up with... I cant deal

The things these tutors come up with... I cant deal

There were other things that I've forgotten about, I just think some of them are so out of touch with hair. They are so by the book, that they are never excited to try something new. Use something differently x

On my Wella couture colour course yesterday. My model had 1/4 inch re growth. The trainer from Wella instructed me to use colour touch Instamatics clear dust and 1.9% to soften the root. As we were using pink and mauve on the rest and as she's a client of mine she didn't want her to have her roots done for free. I was gobsmacked at the result. It lifted the base a bit! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1421871860.907936.jpg I'm not sure you can see it in this pic but I didn't really think of taking a pic of the root area.

On my Wella couture colour course yesterday. My model had 1/4 inch re growth. The trainer from Wella instructed me to use colour touch Instamatics clear dust and 1.9% to soften the root. As we were using pink and mauve on the rest and as she's a client of mine she didn't want her to have her roots done for free. I was gobsmacked at the result. It lifted the base a bit! View attachment 81395 I'm not sure you can see it in this pic but I didn't really think of taking a pic of the root area.

What was her natural depth? Possibly a new base breaking formulaaaa....

What was her natural depth? Possibly a new base breaking formulaaaa....

She's a 7, she normally has highlift on the roots and its a very bright blonde when done. We change the tones about quite a lot so the end result varies. I though she was a good model but the trainer seemed to think not!

She's a 7, she normally has highlift on the roots and its a very bright blonde when done. We change the tones about quite a lot so the end result varies. I though she was a good model but the trainer seemed to think not!

The colours are lovely, nice to mix the warm and cool together, didn't know the clear dust would lift though, did you use 4% or 1.9? Who was your trainer? X

Why not? Id see that as the perfect model...

I've used colour touch 6/75 0r 5/75 are nice, add base 5/0 or 6/0 on the roots to stop it being to warm x

Why not? Id see that as the perfect model...

I think the other students wanted to try out the magma now it's been relaunched. But then they didn't provide a model and I did and i wanted to play with instamatics :)

I think the other students wanted to try out the magma now it's been relaunched. But then they didn't provide a model and I did and i wanted to play with instamatics :)

So really then you were being naughty😂

They've relaunched magma? I didn't even know... Has anything about it changed?

So really then you were being naughty😂

They've relaunched magma? I didn't even know... Has anything about it changed?

I didn't know this either. Hopefully it will have more staying power if it had x

Latest posts

Back