Wella colour advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tillie

Reaction score
I have a client who tried to colour her hair herself blonde and she has ended up with a level8 but very brassy and she wants to go blonder, has anyone got any ideas of how to tackle this I normally use wella colour. Thanks!:)

You will need to put an ash tone on her hair to neutralise the gold.
Otherwise if she wants to go lighter above the level 8, you will have to prelighten with bleach or erase the color out before you put a higher base tint on.

:)

Depending on the condition you could use bleach and pastel but keep an eye on it, or like the other reply you could just apply a toner.
Tint won't lift tint but it will change the tone.

before any of that do all the appropriate testing. . incompatability etc etc. . .
assuming that goes fine, i wud be slammin in bleach foil s and a neautralising tint. . .

You will need to put an ash tone on her hair to neutralise the gold.
Otherwise if she wants to go lighter above the level 8, you will have to prelighten with bleach or erase the color out before you put a higher base tint on.

:)
putting ash is necessary to make it shine

Dont want to confuse matters but We were taught at college that a violet tone would be best to neutralise gold, as a blue (ash) tone on yellow (gold) causes green. Is that not the case? We used wella at the time too.

X

Dont want to confuse matters but We were taught at college that a violet tone would be best to neutralise gold, as a blue (ash) tone on yellow (gold) causes green. Is that not the case? We used wella at the time too.

X

Gold is orange not yellow.

Violet for yellow tones and blue ash for orange tones. x

Ok that clarifies. So the cendre tone that I was told by tutor to use to neutralise the gold, was that just a mix up of terminology, was she referring to the warmth?
X

before any of that do all the appropriate testing. . incompatability etc etc. . .
assuming that goes fine, i wud be slammin in bleach foil s and a neautralising tint. . .

Hi Scotty
I did a strand test which lifted well but slightly yellow so
I was thinking bleach foils and a neutralising tint in between - have you got any idea of what tint? I thought something like 7 with a tiny bit of /88?
Then I'm guessing the whole lot might need a toner to finish- any ideas?
You always seem to have good knowledge!! :)

Thanks!

it really is hard to advice correctly without seeing the hair, if the hair is a base 8 and she is happy with this depth for her base tint stick with an 8, possibly with a bit of 7 to ensure decent coverage. you will know the correct counteracting tones from your training, if it casting more orange you will need blue and if it is more yellow you need a violet.
once the colouring is completed, if your foils are left slightly yello i would advise using 10/38 and pastel toner to tone these foils. always works a treat for me :)
hope that helps x

it really is hard to advice correctly without seeing the hair, if the hair is a base 8 and she is happy with this depth for her base tint stick with an 8, possibly with a bit of 7 to ensure decent coverage. you will know the correct counteracting tones from your training, if it casting more orange you will need blue and if it is more yellow you need a violet.
once the colouring is completed, if your foils are left slightly yello i would advise using 10/38 and pastel toner to tone these foils. always works a treat for me :)
hope that helps x

Thanks so much Scotty it s just nice to have a bit of reassurance!
That sounds good :)

Latest posts

Back