Wella colour chart

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosiedrew

Reaction score
I'm looking at KP chart.

I'm qualified to level 2 but need clarification on the chart?

I am aware of depth and tone and double intensity numbers.

Starting with 12 at the top special blonde :suprised::suprised:what does the X mean?

Colours are 2 to ten or 12 why is there no no 1?

Are there base shades on the chart?

The special mix back page has a chart shade depth and tone grid?

Can you post pics of your chart?
Kerri

image.jpg

Here's the chart.

I'm not Wella trained originally so I just assumed the X simply meant (insert Base or Double Base number)

X/0 XX/0. e.g. 9/0 99/0

View attachment 76802

Here's the chart.

I'm not Wella trained originally so I just assumed the X simply meant (insert Base or Double Base number)

X/0 XX/0. e.g. 9/0 99/0

Yes that's exactly what the X is. Base shades are anything with just /0, 2/0 to 10/0. However 12 is not a depth. The 12 just indicates it's a highlift and that it has a higher lifting capacity and they're a lot more pigmented so they appear brighter. As for the special mix guidelines, this tells you how much you should add for each depth because as depths get lighter, the tonal input decreases and becomes more subtle. But the guidelines can be changed depending on intensity and this is something you'll learn on level 3.

They've changed the chart recently then because all the ones i have seen from wella aren't like this one! No wonder you where slightly confused lol! But i agree with the above comment! Good choice with Wella by the way, i won't use anything else :)

They've changed the chart recently then because all the ones i have seen from wella aren't like this one! No wonder you where slightly confused lol! But i agree with the above comment! Good choice with Wella by the way, i won't use anything else :)

What's your koleston chart like? Mines the same as the above pic

That's always how I've seen the charts, this is the best way to explain the relation between base and double base.

What's your koleston chart like? Mines the same as the above pic

Mines like that one, but where the xx's are mines 00 .. The last 2 salons i've worked in they've been the same - i Prefer the one in the picture above though!

Mines like that one, but where the xx's are mines 00 .. The last 2 salons i've worked in they've been the same - i Prefer the one in the picture above though!

Yeah I suppose it's better to have X/ and /0 rather than 0/ and /0 think it'd get confusing for some people!

I always used to get confused with Double Base (xx/0) and Double Natural (x/00)

Double base is for resistant hair, and double natural is if you want the hair a little warmer, but not quite a /3.

Double natural is also good to mix in if you want extra white coverage with a Vibrant Red.

Latest posts

Back