Wella colour remover/eraser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jinnyjinbob

Reaction score
I trained in wella but we were never taught about a colour remover other than using a lightened to cleanse. Do wella have their own specific colour remover / eraser? If so what's it called.
Have a client with a tinted base 5 looking to colour correct to a level 7/8 but wanting even results. X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wella don't believe in colour removers, they do all of their colour corrections with lightener. A colour stripper I've used in the past is Rusk Elimin8, and it works pretty well. Only downside is you can't colour the hair for a few days straight after. That's what I've been taught anyway, but I've known people to colour the hair when it's towel-dried, formulating a few levels lighter than their desired level and using only 1.9% peroxide (and it seems to be alright!) :D

Eliminate is a fantastic , I generally take it a shade lighter of possible because stage 3 darkens the hair again a little as it re oxidises and I advise clients not to wash their hair for at least 3-4 days, be wary of not getting even results as any other corrections don't make promises as you don't know how well it will overall lift till you start xx

Thanks, any other tried and tested brands? x

Goldwell colour remover every time!

L'oreal effasor. Best i've ever used!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

L'oreal effasor. Best i've ever used!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi do you have to use it with hot water and peroxide with it? I've got a sachet and can't seem to get instructions for it. And also if a client has shoulder length thick hair would you need 2 sachets?

Iv never used that how do you find out good/bad points xx

PROS
Keeps the hair in good condition, so allows you so do multiple applications.
Doesn't lighten natural hair.
Doesn't give you scary warm, glowy hair
Cheap
Easy to use.
Set development time, no visual process

CONS
Unpredictable results.
Best used over pro colour
Won't lighten many levels for major impact, which I personally don't mind. Funny, there's lots of comments about 'low and slow' with bleach, but many stylists would still bleach bath hair to an inch of its life rather than use this great product!

Hi my advise would be to do really fine weaves foils lots of them with cream bleach and 3% then tone with desired colour it gets me lovely results every time it gives an all over lighter look and condition not compromised.:D

Effasor = expensive sachet of bleach power.

Iv heard lots of people mention effasor. So essentially you are saying it's just the same as doing a bleach cleanse?

Hi do you have to use it with hot water and peroxide with it? I've got a sachet and can't seem to get instructions for it. And also if a client has shoulder length thick hair would you need 2 sachets?

Effasor=
gentle cleanse :- 60ml boiling water
Deep cleanse:- 75ml 20vol
And normally you would need 2 packets.

Latest posts

Back