Wella Colour Touch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammyscissors

Reaction score
hi geeks is wella colour touch classes as a quasi or just a semi ? where i work theres a woman that rents a chair that uses it sometimes but shes never properly explained how they work ive only ever known loreal to have quasis . thanks in advance x

It's a quasi/Demi.

Any colour that doesn't need a developer is a semi colour.

All ranges usually have a Demi which will fade, but some people call them semis

hi geeks is wella colour touch classes as a quasi or just a semi ? where i work theres a woman that rents a chair that uses it sometimes but shes never properly explained how they work ive only ever known loreal to have quasis . thanks in advance x

Colour touch is a quasi
as they slightly oxidise due to using low vol peroxides with them
Anything thing that isn't mixed with a developer is a semi
Wellas semis are called colour fresh hth x

I thought a temporary was something that isn't mixed with anything (fudge, crazy colour)
Demi is a very low peroxide (redken shades eq)
A semi doesn't truly fade and you use like 1.9% (at a guess)

Well there might be different wording where you're from, i have heard the use of demi before.
I got taught that a temporary haircolour is something like wella perfecton rinse, or coloured sprays or chalking that wash out in 1-2 washes.
A semi is a non oxidising colour such as wella colour fresh, directions, crazy colour etc that you apply straight from the tube and it lasts 2-10 washes, more or less depending on condition of hair, porosity, styling (cos hairspray strips semis right out), how often you wash and what shampoo you use.
Quasi is mixed with low levels of peroxide, so wella colourtouch, infiniti satin etc and it is usually used to tone or same depth/darker colouring, blending in early greys etc, and this fades out as well as growing out.

Latest posts

Back