Wella from warm brown to ash brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XjuliaX

Reaction score
hi everyone just wanted to ask your opinions and help ? My client had bleach ash blonde hair highlighted and wanted to be more her natural colour witch is like ash mousey light brown 8/1 look with the odd grey hair , so I took her from bleach blonde to a 77/07 ct plus and left some softer low light blondes inbetwwen underneath & left a vale Parting section out and Coloured it with underneath as a 77/07 that's all over inbetweeen the highlights she feels too warm with the 77/07 and wants to be more a ash brown now so what would u suggest to do she hasn't got any regrowth as we only did it last week ? Am I gonna AV to pick up the highlights up underneath and cover them up and just apply like a 7/1 ctouch over top of the previous 77/07 will it make it ash enuff or I do have a 8/81 but never used that before ??? Thank u

Most of us have just sat down after a hard days work lol I'm actually eating my tea right now browsing the forums, we can't always answer very quickly due to the fact were busy...

Anyhoo...

I'm struggling to read your post if I'm honest, is the colour now 77/07 with blonde highlights? And the client feels it's too warm?

Most of us have just sat down after a hard days work lol I'm actually eating my tea right now browsing the forums, we can't always answer very quickly due to the fact were busy...

Anyhoo...

I'm struggling to read your post if I'm honest, is the colour now 77/07 with blonde highlights? And the client feels it's too warm?
. Hi yes it's just my bAnter that I always say hello in txts too to friends when they don't reply (Tad annoying I no) but thank u for replying and yes basically i just want to no what's best to use to neturalise the 77/07 ct plus Iv used as she now wants a ash more natural looking brown she doesn't like any warm times and wondered if I just apply a 7/1 ct over top would that do much ?

If you wanted to achieve an 8/1 why did you use 77/07?

Ash always looks darker so to achieve the 7/1 you'll need to lighten the hair which it probably doesn't have the strength for!

. Hi yes it's just my bAnter that I always say hello in txts too to friends when they don't reply (Tad annoying I no) but thank u for replying and yes basically i just want to no what's best to use to neturalise the 77/07 ct plus Iv used as she now wants a ash more natural looking brown she doesn't like any warm tones and wondered if I just apply a 7/1 ct over top would that do much ?

If you wanted to achieve an 8/1 why did you use 77/07?

Ash always looks darker so to achieve the 7/1 you'll need to lighten the hair which it probably doesn't have the strength for!
Because she was bleach ash blonde and so I used 77/07 to help cover it first x

8.1 is grey tho isn't it?

8.1 is grey tho isn't it?
Anything to just help neutralise the warmth she will be happy with so do you think 7/1 over the top of the 77/07 will help ?

No I think 7.1 will turn the highlights grey & the brown neutral

No I think 7.1 will turn the highlights grey & the brown neutral
I'm thinking about picking up the highlights and covering them up (conditioner) and jus applying the 7/1 jus over the 77/07 or would u go in with something else just to help get rid of the warmth on the 77/07?

I don't think 7.1 in wella is the right shade tbh, I don't know much about wella but I know .1 is like a grey colour, it's not going to do a whole lot to a 77.07 which I'm guessing is a double based natural with a chocolate or mahogany type shade?? You'll need to go with whatever's opposite a .7 on the wella wheel and use that

I don't think 7.1 in wella is the right shade tbh, I don't know much about wella but I know .1 is like a grey colour, it's not going to do a whole lot to a 77.07 which I'm guessing is a double based natural with a chocolate or mahogany type shade?? You'll need to go with whatever's opposite a .7 on the wella wheel and use that
Ok thanx for your help

Is it orange? Red? Or just a rich warm brown?

Is it orange? Red? Or just a rich warm brown?
Yea it's like a orangey n abit red brown colour so thought I jus want to try neutralise as much warmth n get more a ash flat colour really so I wonderd if 8/81 with pastel will just get rid of the warmth

Yea it's like a orangey n abit red brown colour so thought I jus want to try neutralise as much warmth n get more a ash flat colour really so I wonderd if 8/81 with pastel will just get rid of the warmth

Well, ash doesn't neutralise anything so you'd have a hard time there. If its a 7 then an 8 won't do much because there isn't enough pigment to neutralise a 7.

7/89 with 1.9% on dry hair for 20 minutes but make sure you pic out those highlights or they will be GREY.

Well, ash doesn't neutralise anything so you'd have a hard time there. If its a 7 then an 8 won't do much because there isn't enough pigment to neutralise a 7.

7/89 with 1.9% on dry hair for 20 minutes but make sure you pic out those highlights or they will be GREY.
Ok il try 7/89 thank u for you help

Latest posts

Back