Wella Illumina new colour range!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBH Salon

Reaction score
Hey geeks! I've just seen the new wella illumina pastel range! It looks fab! Anyone used this yet? I'm trying to get as much info about it before mr wella man comes to see us! ;) xx

Is it gonna be like colour touch?? i cant seem to find much info on it :( xx

Is it gonna be like colour touch?? i cant seem to find much info on it :( xx

I think so from the rumours I've heard, but I'm not too sure :/ it's really bugging me not knowing, I like to be top of my game when it comes to wella ;) I think I might have to ring wella themselves and see what they say :) I'll keep you posted xx

Hi

I stocked Illumina last week and we love it. Its a new range not taking over any of other ranges.Its glossy and shiny and clients cant get enough of it (my fear is now i am going to have a load of koleston and colour touch stock sat on my shelves not used) Fantastic for highlighting and toning.

I would highly recomend it

xx

Just spoke to wella. It's a permanent range specially for blondes. Its violet based where's as koleston is more brown based. It offers more shine, and better condition of the hair. The range had 20 shades at the moment but more will be coming, the colour can also be used for pastel colours, 10/6 I think she said was amazing for violet pastel :) its a salon exclusive at the moment until September when it will hit wholesalers, so for you mobies out there , you'll have to wait unfortunately :( but on the bright side wella will be offering courses on how to use the product! And one last thing, it's multi tonal and uses the light from the undertones to give the illumina effect :) so there you go! I can't waiiiiiittttttttt to try it!! I'll be like a mad scientist seeing what goes with what! And also the range is compatible with koleston mixer tones :) xx

omg i want to try it!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT happy about waiting untill september! so are they permanant colours?xx

omg i want to try it!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT happy about waiting untill september! so are they permanant colours?xx

Yeah it's a permanent range! But I reckon using pastel and 1:2 ratio you can get a toner out of them :D I have no idea if they are high lifts though :/ xx

pretty please post some pics and stuff when your salon gets them in :) xx

pretty please post some pics and stuff when your salon gets them in :) xx

Shall do :D I'll post anything and everything I can xx

Just spoke to wella. It's a permanent range specially for blondes. Its violet based where's as koleston is more brown based. It offers more shine, and better condition of the hair. The range had 20 shades at the moment but more will be coming, the colour can also be used for pastel colours, 10/6 I think she said was amazing for violet pastel :) its a salon exclusive at the moment until September when it will hit wholesalers, so for you mobies out there , you'll have to wait unfortunately :( but on the bright side wella will be offering courses on how to use the product! And one last thing, it's multi tonal and uses the light from the undertones to give the illumina effect :) so there you go! I can't waiiiiiittttttttt to try it!! I'll be like a mad scientist seeing what goes with what! And also the range is compatible with koleston mixer tones :) xx
i asked aout it at alan howard and they didnt know when they were getting it :Scared: really would like to try it and the salon i work in uses fudge so they wont be having it either!!!

Yeah it's a permanent range! But I reckon using pastel and 1:2 ratio you can get a toner out of them :D I have no idea if they are high lifts though :/ xx

Not used it yet, came today.
Can be used with pastel.
No, no high lifts, a shame.

Used it today, 8/ 7/3 and 7/7, equal parts

Fabbb....... Yes it gave an high shine, multi tonal look and glossy feel!

Can't wait thou to try the blondes!

May have to tone mine to get that shine !!

Latest posts

Back