Wella Illumina on top of hi lift full head

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS1506

Reaction score
Hi
Thinking of applying illumina 7/7 on full head blonde. Just wondering if anyone has used this and if I should add some 7/35 or do you think 7/7 alone has enough warm in to avoid colour going murky? I am mobile so appreciate any feedback.
Thanks

A little more information is needed. What level and tone is your client at this moment? How much outgrowth does she have? I love the 7/7 and would not think you need a filler but again, depending on what she is currently.

Only 2-3 weeks of regrowth so pretty solid.
Natural base 6 with fair amount of grey, particularly front hairline - white.

current colour is 12/1 + 40 vol. 10/1 + 20 vol at front hairline section.

Wants to go medium warm brown colour. Might foil few ribbons out at front to soften.

Only 2-3 weeks of regrowth so pretty solid.
Natural base 6 with fair amount of grey, particularly front hairline - white.

current colour is 12/1 + 40 vol. 10/1 + 20 vol at front hairline section.

Wants to go medium warm brown colour. Might foil few ribbons out at front to soften.

Could always mix some koleston mix tone like 0/43.

You can't mix koleston with illumina. If it was me I'd still pre pig first with perfecton because not only will it prevent fading, you won't have to worry about muddy colours.

You can't mix koleston with illumina. If it was me I'd still pre pig first with perfecton because not only will it prevent fading, you won't have to worry about muddy colours.

Im 99% sure you can use koleston mix tones with Illumnia. :)

Yes I'd pre pig but sometime we don't have the time. And I just use mix tones always work. Anyway. I never really used. Perfecton how do you use it? Mix with water? How much?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414064669.998873.jpg

Yes you mix it with water. Depending on the depth depends on how much water you dilute it with.

Im 99% sure you can use koleston mix tones with Illumnia. :)

They're different colour lines. They may both be made by Wella but that's like using a Goldwell mixtone with Loreal.

I agree with the above. Use perfecton /43 and possibly a little /3 and water, leave for 15 minutes, dry and then use your Illumina. Definitely can't use with KP. They do different things.

Personally I would use perfecton /03 blot dry with a towel then go straight over with ct 7/7 no need for koleston or illumina not lifting and no regrowth so no need for permanent better condition for the hair also 👍 x

They're different colour lines. They may both be made by Wella but that's like using a Goldwell mixtone with Loreal.

Hmm are you 100% sure coz I'm 99% sure you can mix it. ;).

It's probably more like mixing majirel with inoa

100% Tom is right. I'm currently doing my MCP with Wella and you absolutely cannot mix the two together ie Koleston and Illumina. For one, KP is very dense in pigments which is why you get such a block cover and Illuminas pigments are more scattered giving a reflective effect.

100% Tom is right. I'm currently doing my MCP with Wella and you absolutely cannot mix the two together ie Koleston and Illumina. For one, KP is very dense in pigments which is why you get such a block cover and Illuminas pigments are more scattered giving a reflective effect.

I meant the mix tone not the koleston tho but you guys might be right but I'm sure someone from wella told me this. Grrr.

I meant the mix tone not the koleston tho but you guys might be right but I'm sure someone from wella told me this. Grrr.

But koleston special mix is koleston.

But koleston special mix is koleston.
My work mate just told me she's pretty sure you can? I'm sure wella has told us you could but maybe we are wrong. I will email wella later. :) x

My work mate just told me she's pretty sure you can? I'm sure wella has told us you could but maybe we are wrong. I will email wella later. :) x

As far as I'm aware no. It even states on the screenshot which is of the wella website that it's not recommended for mixing with koleston perfect.

You obviously can't mix the mixtone of KP in Illlumina but you can use it to fill. 15ml KP /43 and 60mls warm water. Apply to dry hair - leave 15min, rinse (don't shampoo/ condition!) then dry and apply.

Personally I think perfecton would be your best option.

You 100000% cannot mix Koleston Perfect mixone with Illumina.

Don't forget illumina has an underlying tone of violet already.

Latest posts

Back