Wella Illumina-why are the ash tones so warm?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you know L'Oréal, why not stick with that?

He wants Illumina.... If anyone has and advice on this matter, please let me know. I would appreciate it! Cheers

Ok, so what would you use in L'Oréal? Maybe we can do a conversion?
Or just bleach and tone?

Last edited:
Hello,
I know the original post is old, but any advice would be welcome. My client is natural base 4-5 and naturally will pull warmth. She has a well grown out ombre of around level 9 and wants this redone, however she wants her base lightened up a couple of levels too, but I want to try and keep it as cool as possible. I was thinking of using Illumina 8/69 mixed with 7/0 and 30vol. Do you think this will be enough to lift it and cool it down? Or do I need something else added......maybe 7/81????
Thanks in advance

Hello,
I know the original post is old, but any advice would be welcome. My client is natural base 4-5 and naturally will pull warmth. She has a well grown out ombre of around level 9 and wants this redone, however she wants her base lightened up a couple of levels too, but I want to try and keep it as cool as possible. I was thinking of using Illumina 8/69 mixed with 7/0 and 30vol. Do you think this will be enough to lift it and cool it down? Or do I need something else added......maybe 7/81????
Thanks in advance
Hi Alan,

I think it will be a bit warm, and also a lot lighter the what she is at the moment... more than "a couple of levels of lift" lighter.

I haven't worked with illumina for such a long time, but if be using something on the level of a 6, it won't be as warm or bright.

Hi Alan,

I think it will be a bit warm, and also a lot lighter the what she is at the moment... more than "a couple of levels of lift" lighter.

I haven't worked with illumina for such a long time, but if be using something on the level of a 6, it won't be as warm or bright.
Hi Alan,

Hi Jamie,
So you think I shouldn't lift it any higher than a 6?
I'e not used Illumina before, but they seem to be well regarded for their cooling ability, which is why. I did think a level 7 would have been a nice blend into the ombre. The /69 tone only seems to start at level 8, which is why I was going to mix with 7/0. Would it be better mixed with 6/0? Or would I then need to look at a green toner too, as it might still pull some red??? If you can recommend something else I would be happy to try that

Really yes you should think about the red if she is a 4, if she is a 5 you can get away with something /8 remember/69 is only removing yellow.

Really yes you should think about the red if she is a 4, if she is a 5 you can get away with something /8 remember/69 is only removing yellow.

Ok Jamie, thanks for the advice

Yeah you could do just the 8/69, and even add 7/81 into that with 9%.
I really wanna try this formula, found it yesterday and was super happy by this suggestion. Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back