Wella Ilumina

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art55

Reaction score
Hi. Should I use a base colour to cover grey hair when using wella illumina? Thank you.

Hi. Should I use a base colour to cover grey hair when using Wella Illumina? Thank you.
when dealing with grey hair, you always use base no matter what the line you are using, with Wella, its generally a quarter for up to 50% grey and half for 50%+ otherwise you will find the grey hair almost 'glows' unless you're dealing with reds, in which case its always a third base, and increase the processing time to a full 40-45 minutes. if you're not wanting solid coverage(a more highlighted effect) then a base is optional however, the result is unpredictable and varies per person

when dealing with grey hair, you always use base no matter what the line you are using, with Wella, its generally a quarter for up to 50% grey and half for 50%+ otherwise you will find the grey hair almost 'glows' unless you're dealing with reds, in which case its always a third base, and increase the processing time to a full 40-45 minutes. if you're not wanting solid coverage(a more highlighted effect) then a base is optional however, the result is unpredictable and varies per person
Great.Thank you........i thought as the lady at the wholesalers said that illumina was for grey hair that it would already have a base mixed into it. Thanks again.

Great.Thank you........i thought as the lady at the wholesalers said that illumina was for grey hair that it would already have a base mixed into it. Thanks again.
Unfortunatly, not, I thought the same When I first moved over to wella, I was told that colours like 66/44(which is a fabulous red) could be used on its own to cover grey because it was double base, but with experience, and then educators correcting me, it's not the case. Wella has a huge selection of colours! You're going to love it!

Latest posts

Back