Wella Koleston 55/65

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam289

Reaction score
Hi, just a bit of advice really....i love wella koleston 55/65 as do some of my clients. The problem i seem to have with it is when doing foil slices/lo-lights with blonde hi-lights (tint or bleach) when i rinse it off the red seem to take to the blonde in places not really bad but just tinge it. I tried removing the red foils first even shampooing the red strands then taking the blonde off. Any ideas? I remember this happening to a girl i used to work with in the salon. She ended up with a big pink streak where it had ran.... I am also starting to use loreal aswell so if anyone has a loreal colour very similar im open to ideas. Thanks Sam x

L'oreal 5.62 is lovely, similar shade, perhaps with a bit more red.

I've used this colour before quite few times and I usually wash the blonde off first then put an wella sp? Don't know if they discontinued it? Onto the blonde then rise the 55/65 off x so forms like a barrier on blonde help it to stop run x

Hi guys I know a friend of a friend who has a similar colour to this but she has a full head of red with blonde flashes. And I asked her how she got it not to run and she said she did it on two separate occasions. Like three days apart. So one day she does the red, leaves out her blonde piece sand does them a few days later. Have found a pi too do will show you x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1324424039.884396.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1324424039.884396.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 11,774
Would it not work to rinse the blonde slices first, cover them in conditioner to act as a barrier and then carefully rinse the red. We used to do this in salon but only really if it's a couple of slices. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi guys I know a friend of a friend who has a similar colour to this but she has a full head of red with blonde flashes. And I asked her how she got it not to run and she said she did it on two separate occasions. Like three days apart. So one day she does the red, leaves out her blonde piece sand does them a few days later. Have found a pi too do will show you x

Omg I have major hair envy right now!!

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

Me too!!! That's gorge!!
I'd try the conditioner as blonde barrier as mentioned above:hug:

Latest posts

Back