Wella Koleston Me+

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crisha

Reaction score
I have been using Wella Koleston Perfect 5/1 on a client for a couple of years. The new formulation (Me+) came out much lighter (client not happy) maybe because I used the ‘old’ developer. Do you think that’s the reason? If not, what do you guys recommend to achieve the old 5/1 shade? Mixing the 5/0 and 5/1 1:1 of the new formulation? Please advice.

We was told that new koleston perfect me+ should only be used with the new developer and you can use old koleston tint with the new developer as well just not new koleston with old developer, maybe thats why it looks lighter? I have noticed the tones do look different in some colours and some can appear darker but havent noticed any looking lighter yet. Im not sure if everyone was told about the developers but we had a wella trainer come in to the salon and thats what he said.

How grey is she? We were told with the new formuals if they are less than 30% and you are going same colour or darker then to use the NEW 4% welloxon developer. I’ve had good results with that, no lifting which you can get with 6%. But it’s only for the new tints with the new 4%, not the colour touch one. Hope this might help?

How grey is she? We were told with the new formuals if they are less than 30% and you are going same colour or darker then to use the NEW 4% welloxon developer. I’ve had good results with that, no lifting which you can get with 6%. But it’s only for the new tints with the new 4%, not the colour touch one. Hope this might help?

That's good to know as I didn't know this!

Latest posts

Back