Wella- Koleston Perfect 66/46

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxy9

Reaction score
Hi, Will this colour cover grey and if i mix it with the 0/45 special mix which peroxide can i use to give it the maximum brightness? Hair is darkness of 44/0 at the moment. Please help x;)

What's the percentage of grey?

depends how much grey...i was also taught at college to add their natural colour to the mix so say she wants 66/46 and shes a 4 add a bit of that as a base shade so 60ml of colour 30ml( i think if i remember right) of a 4 colour and 90 ml peroxide But it is a long time AGo!! Any less and i seem to remember the colour was too vibrant,i would try some hair and see what outcome is like,all depends on how much grey, i hear affinage is good with grey coverage if anyone can back that up :biggrin:xxx

You do not change peroxide just because you want maximum brightness!! Your peroxide determines how many levels of lift you want!! If you want it bright use a bright colour like 6/66 loreal 6Rr and 6r with so red red from matrix, if you use your peroxide wrong like this you will end up with what is known as colour blow! The peroxide will blast the hair open, let the colour go in and because the cuticle is now **** because the peroxide was to high the colour comes straight out again when you take colour off!

We have been taugh tthat with Koleston you will only cover white/grey by using 6% peroxide. A tutor did mention that Colour touch with 4 % may be posible but taht would depend on % of white hair present.

If the porosity is not great over the midlength and ends of the hair you could always apply a colour fresh over to give it a boost?

I used to have mine doe 66/46 with 6% and the ends where porus, which i expected, it had had a good share of chemical treatment so i used to use a colour fresh fortnightly to keep it looking fresh until my roots where ready for doing again.

Red is so much upkeep though!! I have now had 2 lots of cap highlights done full head to remove it!! although im not happy at the moment as i dont like this blonde!! (Despite how many ppl have told me how much better it is blonde!) Im booked in to have it sorted on 1st of may! xx

We have been taugh tthat with Koleston you will only cover white/grey by using 6% peroxide. A tutor did mention that Colour touch with 4 % may be posible but taht would depend on % of white hair present.

If the porosity is not great over the midlength and ends of the hair you could always apply a colour fresh over to give it a boost?

I used to have mine doe 66/46 with 6% and the ends where porus, which i expected, it had had a good share of chemical treatment so i used to use a colour fresh fortnightly to keep it looking fresh until my roots where ready for doing again.

Red is so much upkeep though!! I have now had 2 lots of cap highlights done full head to remove it!! although im not happy at the moment as i dont like this blonde!! (Despite how many ppl have told me how much better it is blonde!) Im booked in to have it sorted on 1st of may! xx

Cap highlights....how long is your hair? X

Cap highlights....how long is your hair? X

LOL!! At one side its extreamly short -
photo.php
one side with cap was fine but the longer side was not good - very painfull!!

I am wanting it a darkish blonde with lighter blondes and browns trough if that makes any sense? it literally now all bleached!! i hate it!

Latest posts

Back