Wella Koleston

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
if a client has almost 100% white hair is 77/0 better to use or 7/0 if combining with 7/3 ??? Thanks :p

77/0..... When there's as much white hair as that, I would always use a double base. Mixed 1/2 1/2 with the tint.

Hope this helped x

The double bases I.e 77/0 should be mixed with the mix tones rather than the a tint shade. Like instead of 7/3 you would use 0/33 as if you used 7/3 it would take away one of the double bases and make it a 7/0. So not as good for covering resistant hair.
Does that make sense? Hope you understand that!

I agree with the above x

Most brands work
20% grey hair use 20% grey coverage and 20% target shade

50% grey hair use 50% grey coverage and 50% target shade
75%-100%grey hair use 75%-90% base colour and 25-10% target
Not all brands are the same but its a good guide for the future

77/0..... When there's as much white hair as that, I would always use a double base. Mixed 1/2 1/2 with the tint.

Hope this helped x

Double bases can only be mixed with mix tones Hun 😊 x

if a client has almost 100% white hair is 77/0 better to use or 7/0 if combining with 7/3 ??? Thanks :p

Wella gives good grey coverage you only need to use a double base if its resistant hth x

Double bases can only be mixed with mix tones Hun 😊 x

Ok I didn't know that, I thought they were the same as the base tones but to be used of very grey or resistant hair.... A lecturer once told me to do that in college and that's the only time I've ever used a double base

Latest posts

Back