Wella - Koleston

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobbee

Reaction score
Hey,

I am new to hairdressing and I qualify in June 2018 level 2, I have a question that I want to understand if you guys can help.

I know that the 12 special blonde coulors are high lift, can I use these with the pure natural shades? So example 88/00 at root going to 12/17 mids and ends. Would I be able to smudge together to create an ombré effect?

Why a double base? Are you covering resistant grey hair?
Using a double base into a highlift is a strange combination because you need to think about what happens in the bit where they overlap, when they’re mixed together.

If I was doing ombré, depending on the length of the hair, I’d be looking at using 3-4 colours and softly smudging them downwards where they each meet.

If you haven’t done one before, practise on a headblock before using a live client as you need to think carefully about your sections to ensure you don’t end up with blocky lines.

Why a double base? Are you covering resistant grey hair?
Using a double base into a highlift is a strange combination because you need to think about what happens in the bit where they overlap, when they’re mixed together.

If I was doing ombré, depending on the length of the hair, I’d be looking at using 3-4 colours and softly smudging them downwards where they each meet.

If you haven’t done one before, practise on a headblock before using a live client as you need to think carefully about your sections to ensure you don’t end up with blocky lines.

Thank you, it was more a question of mixing the 2 or 3 shades rather than the actual numbers.

Do you recommend a training block to use that takes colour well? The ones I have tried are not that great with colour.

Latest posts

Back