Wella kp grey coverage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nich

Nic
Reaction score
I'm new to wella and having a head ache of a problem coving resistant greys most are coming out transparent I mostly use the double bases on these clients and was adding tone using other kp colours then discovered on here about them knocking the double base out and I should be using mixer tones I really want to try these as I'm fed up with the outcome I'm getting can anyone tell me what mixes and if there's any where I can get more info on this problem as I've search the web and not had much look as fashion colours seems to be more the focus I also it's wrong of wella not to write anything about mixing these on the colour chart as everything else is on the back. Sorry to rant many thanks

Always depend on: 1 natural base, 2 % of grey, 3 texture of hair.

Every brand cover grey, the problem sometimes is the natural base that doesn't lift enough.

Try this: put a bit of pure peroxide 6% on the grey hair like a tint using the brush. Wait about 10 min or quick dry with hairdryer. Then apply your base.
Or pure double or 3/4 double and 1/4 of secondary colour.

Or try this formula: 2part of colour and 1part of 9%peroxide

Lemmy know
antonio

I'm new to wella and having a head ache of a problem coving resistant greys most are coming out transparent I mostly use the double bases on these clients and was adding tone using other kp colours then discovered on here about them knocking the double base out and I should be using mixer tones I really want to try these as I'm fed up with the outcome I'm getting can anyone tell me what mixes and if there's any where I can get more info on this problem as I've search the web and not had much look as fashion colours seems to be more the focus I also it's wrong of wella not to write anything about mixing these on the colour chart as everything else is on the back. Sorry to rant many thanks

What colour are you trying to achive x

There's two clients which my problems are with first i usually do 77/0 15mls +7/73 30mls and the other 88/0 15mls +8/03 30mls these both go transparent both are with 6% and usually go under climozone

You should be using the double bases with mix tones not other tones eg use 0/33 with 77/0 instead of using 7/3.

Also, for covering grey I would be mixing mainly base with less tone. Not sure on exact mixes with Wella dependant on amount of grey

There's two clients which my problems are with first i usually do 77/0 15mls +7/73 30mls and the other 88/0 15mls +8/03 30mls these both go transparent both are with 6% and usually go under climozone

So I would do for the 7/73. 30g 77/0 + 1.5g /45 + 1.5g /65 + 1g /33 6%

And for the 8/03 I would use 30g 88/0 and if your only wanting minimal tone I would use 1g /33 6% use plenty of colour xx

get yourself a koleston shade chart. it had the mixing ratios for mixtones on the back and it's very simple to follow. Double bases are for really resistant hair therefore you shouldn't need to pre soften first.

Just something to add, I'd go in with finer sections and be generous with your product (what line had you been previously using?) that was something I noticed when converting from L'Oreal a few years ago. I say this also because we had 3 clients who required pre-softening with Majirel, however when we switched we were able to go in with Koleston and achieved a fab coverage without the pre-soften (and I don't mean the intense shade). Good luck

Latest posts

Back