Wella pastel developer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ELLE BELLA

Reaction score
Does anyone know the peroxide level in wella pastel developer ?

Wella say it's about 1.9%

Thanks , iv never been able to find out , I have been using 3% ( on towel dried hair

What are you using it for?

Toning pre lightened hair

Yes happy with result usually but used it with innosense 10/88 ( not available in kp ) but it faded very quickly

You need to use pastel 1 part tint to 2 parts pastel. Is your client using sulphate free shampoo?

Yes I do that ratio . Except 3% as far as I know she uses john Frieda silver shampoo , that could be a factor , but it's never been an issue before with 10/1 +10/8 , is matrix so silver sulphate free ?

What do you lighten her hair with? And what does it lift to? How long are you leaving the toner on? John Freida definitely isn't sulphate free. I'll see if I can find ingredients for matrix and I'll let you know.

Yes matrix so silver has sulfates in. Sodium Laureth Sulfate is what you want to avoid

Hi blondor . 6% on scalp to a pale yellow / cream

Maybe try leaving the toner on longer??

Yes people say tone by sight , but surely it needs to develop correctly

Our Wella technician always says if you think it's done leave it another 5 mins. Unless it's going bright blue, then obviously wash it off. I leave toners at least 15mins anywhere up to 45mins though

Yes people say tone by sight , but surely it needs to develop correctly

That's because you're not normally meant to tone with a permanent colour.

Are you familiar with wella and pastel toning ? X

That's because you're not normally meant to tone with a permanent colour.

With Wella you can definitely tone with permanent

Yes I always have done . Iv used wella for ( ahem ) years [emoji23] I expect each product has their does and donts , What's right in one house is not necessarily right in another

When my salon changed to Wella I was so confused by it it felt so wrong [emoji23]

Latest posts

Back