Wella toners not lasting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissMuggle

Reaction score
I have a client who's hair ive been doing for almost a year now and almost every month she texts me a week after having her hair done saying the toner has faded after a couple of washes and its gone too golden. I have used every ash toner combo on her hair (wella both colour touch and koleston pastel toning). Her hair is lovely when I leave her and she's always happy at the time. I have advised her that the cheap shampoo and conditioner that she uses will strip the colour quickly and advised her on professional products to buy, even offering to get them for her but no she hasn't listened. She has once again text me to say she's 'disappointed' in her hair as it's happened again. Any advise on where to go with this one please. :-/

Id just explain again that its more than likely because of the shampoo and conditioner she uses, and it does make a difference. Also say does she want you to get her some professional products so that her colour stays nice next time, and if not then it will carry on happening.
Your hair is a big thing, it baffles me when clients love their hair to look nice but dont want to pay that bit extra to keep it that way :-S

What about retailing a toned shampoo or a perfecton?

Loreals purple shampoo is great!

Stick to your guns Hun, toners fade, but not after 1 week, so it is most definitely her shampoo and conditioner, I'd advise her a purple salon pro shampoo and conditioner to help keep the ash as the toner fades but she won't need that all the time so will still need salon pro shampoo and conditioner as normal.

She should happily get 3-4 weeks out of a wella toner, joico toners i get up to 6 weeks out of but as all toners they fade just a lot slower than most.

So advise her as you have all along that your other ladies who are using salon professional prods to look after their hair arnt having this problem and you recommend xyz. That you have exhausted all combinations of toners and it will be down to her after care, also how often she washes it.... If its everyday, what does she expect!

Go through everything with her, and go from there. But explain the benifits of using professional prods and how they keep her hair in excellent condition as specifically designed to restore the ph balance after colouring and protect it meaning the colour lasts longer when the condition is looked after.

But be nice but to the point xx

I had a similiar situation with a client who was using cheap products yet complained about her toner fading,I bought some little travel bottles from the pound shop and decanted some pro shampoo,conditioner and violet shampoo so she could try them at home and see the difference,after that she was hooked and I was able to retail the full size products to her.it was definitely worth the initial very small outlay! x

thank you all for replies. I have tried to retail her professional shampoo and conditioner also explaining the difference and benefits of professional products but she just says she cant afford it. I've also offered to buy the products for her, I have offered to do another toner but said I would have to charge her. I've also explained to her that while using cheap products she's effectively washing her money down the sink. Just hate being made to feel like its something I've done when I know that it's not. Just can't get through to some people and worry as it's my reputation on the line.

How long are you leaving the toners on for?
Maybe let then grab slightly so she will get a extra wash out of them!
And I would just do as another geek has said fill up a travel bottle of purple/silver shampoo and let her sample the difference!
It's worth a go if your worried about your rep 😊 x

Latest posts

Back