Wella vs L'Oreal hair colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L'Oreal also makes shitty drugstore products and box colour. As does schwarzkopf so what can we do?[emoji17]

I don't box colour reflects on the quality of pro colour.
Agreed 100%
And i certainly don't see it as competition cause I hope as stylist we can provide a lot more than a box of color to our clients. :)
I was mentioning wella because it someone else mentioned L'Oreal makes box color and to be fair I wanted to state that wella also kinda does it as well.

Agreed 100%
And i certainly don't see it as competition cause I hope as stylist we can provide a lot more than a box of color to our clients. :)
I was mentioning wella because it someone else mentioned L'Oreal makes box color and to be fair I wanted to state that wella also kinda does it as well.

Oh yeah I get that, was just adding to what you'd said! We're in an industry of lies and traitors!

I really dont see the problem with box colours on the shelf for home personal use. Wella, L'Oreal, Schwarzkopf they all make them and why shouldn't they, its their business. The look of a home/box coloured hair is very different to a salon 6 week coloured client, both have places in society.

I'm not getting notifications for these replies, sorry.

Yes I know L'Oreal use a cool undertone in their colours don't they? As opposed to Wella who use a warmer undertone? Is that right?

The thing that attracts me to Wella is that they are exclusively just hair; not make-up, skin products etc like L'Oreal.

Guy Tang always uses Igora and it goes without saying the sort of results he gets. I suppose there's no ONE great colour line.

I done a colour correction the other day where I had to strip out a purple live xxl and I have done a few colours in the past having to strip live xxl out, I used a stripped called vitalitys and it was the best one I've ever used

I done a colour correction the other day where I had to strip out a purple live xxl and I have done a few colours in the past having to strip live xxl out, I used a stripped called vitalitys and it was the best one I've ever used
Me too last Friday, 9 years of Schwarzkopf XXL purple. But I did a MalibuC color correction, then a full head of back to back foils with lightner and Olaplex. It was a 5 hour job, but well worth it.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1446946918.834511.jpg

In the US, Loreal is strongly associated with box color. Wella doesn't sell box color in stores, though they do sell products, none anyone on here would use through Sally's. However, you can't purchase professional Wella products at Sally's. So Illumina, Color Touch, and Koleston Perfect are strictly pro.
I agree I love Wella color because it's more for professionals as to Loreal but everyone is different. You just have to try it out for yourself! But in my personal opinion I get great results with Wella and I think you should give it a try!

I know this threat is old but still I find it when I was looking at SKP and Wella
SKP, Wella, Loreal they all have the non professional brands :) for absolute ages so even at 2015 there was lots of their box dyes on market all over the world. Sometimes hiding under different names like Pantene (wella)

It was one of the point when I was looking at brands but in the end of the day I let it go because SKP is owned by Henkel :) and it is just chain of unhappy products :D
s-l960.jpg

Latest posts

Back