Wet or dry manicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katja79

Reaction score
I´m confused. Need some help....

When using Shellac I should do a dry manicure, but for Brisa Lite I should do a wet manicure? But what to do on new clients when I´m not sure if there is invisible cuticle on the nailplate?

Can anyone explain me the exact process? For Shellac and for Brisa Lite, please?

I make myself confusied and don´t know what is the correct way.....

Please help.

Dry prep with Cuticle Away.

I use cuticle away on both systems. So I file and shape the nail, apply cuticle away, remove any cuticle on the nail plate, remove residue with cotton pad then spray with water and dry nails to neautralise the cuticle away. Then I scrubfresh before applying base coat.

Thank you!

Using cuticle away and then spray with water oder water and soap is a dry manicure?

I may use cuticle away on both systems? I thought not with shellac? Am I wrong with this supposition?

Yes, that does constitute a dry manicure, you are not 'soaking' the nails, just washing away the cuticle away. I was taught on the CND 'Shellac Brings Them Back' course to use cuticle away before your Shellac treatment. Same for Brisa. Hope that helps! :)

Thanks a lot! :lol:

Latest posts

Back