What are Glass nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail2heart

Reaction score
i was wondering have any of you heard about glass nails,my client was asking me about them and i was wondering if she meant clear tips.do you you about it?i searched a couple of sites,and i mainly found sites selling the glass files:idea:

Florentina Alexander
[email protected]
Nails At Last

I havent heard of Glass Nails, wouldnt think nails made of glass would be practicle or safe.
I too would assume she meant Clear tips perhaps with flowers or shell embedded in them? I have also seen a technique wher 2 clear tips are sealed together with water or beads inside - like a mini snow storm?
HTH
KxXx

Glass nails is just another alternative Liquid & Powder system offered by Galaxy.

Nothing new, just another marketing angle :)

HTH

Here in Montreal Qc, 'glass art' refers to clear tips that are pre-designed SO perhaps where you are, it's someone else's way of referring to clear tips?
as in.. 'clear as glass'?

hth's

Reminds me of 'porcelain' nails. Interestingly porcelain cures at something like 400F

Not sure who would want something as brittle as porcelain or glass on their nails, but hey! Its better than cement!

Just wondered,did youir client mean fiberglass,don't mean to state the obvious,but glass nails what is that all about ????

EzFlow call their clear tips Glass Leisure tips, could that be it?

nemotail said:
I have also seen a technique wher 2 clear tips are sealed together with water or beads inside - like a mini snow storm?
Any idea where I can see this wonder? Thanks xxx

nail2heart said:
i was wondering have any of you heard about glass nails,my client was asking me about them and i was wondering if she meant clear tips.do you you about it?i searched a couple of sites,and i mainly found sites selling the glass files:idea:
Florentina Alexander
[email protected]
Nails At Last
yes she is asking for clear tips

here in the netherlands glass tips are the ones you call clear.

Backscratchers call their fibreglass system Glass Glaze. Could be what she means.

The Nail Geek said:
Reminds me of 'porcelain' nails. Interestingly porcelain cures at something like 400F

Not sure who would want something as brittle as porcelain or glass on their nails, but hey! Its better than cement!

well us shming shmongers think it's the dogs watsits! :green: :green: cement is so last season btw! (sorry moment of madness, not quite sure what came over me! Think I've OD'd on barbecue hula hoops!)

yeah my mate said something to me about glass nails ,i didnt have a clue what she was talking about...my first reaction was "really....how the bloomin ek' would you remove them? :eek: "
im now wondering if this is fibreglass though and there is just some confusion with some peeps that would make sense now!

I would presume by the term Glass nails she would either mean Clear Tips or fibreglass.

Maybe next time she comes in show her some clear tips and see if thats what she means maybe apply one to your little finger so she can see the finished effect!

The Nail Geek said:

As told to me by a distributor, apparently, waaaaaaaaaaay back when... (no, dont ask me 'when', I dont know lol) there did exist "Porcelain' nails that were indeed porcelain.
Basically the techs made a cast of the client's nails or plate, whatever, and made porcelain 'full tips' for them (yes, baked at 400f or whatever). These porcelain nails were applied with glue and when they grew out a bit, removed by an acetone soak and then reapplied.

As I said, this is what was told to me by a distributor when I got to laughing about the NSS and the silly things people say are on their nails... like porcelain.. and then the dist says to me (who's been around for some time in the business) well.... they actually did exist, they just didn't "take off" and were not that popular and were too costly. I can't state it as fact. Only as was told to me.

Here in Germany, Glass tips are the clear tips.

Andrea:)

it means non standard salon. x

The Nail Geek said:

Ive had a couple of walk ins with people asking for glass and porcelain nails. I thought what the ? The glass i could imagine was clear tips, or sculpted using clear, but the porcelain, well the mind boggles!!!

thanks guys for helping me out and i learnt a few things more,my first thought was clear tips also,when she comes back i will ask her if she can explain a little better,then i will pass on the information i got from you guys.:Grope:

Florentina Alexander
[email protected]
Nails At Last

I don't know about what goes on where you guys live, but I've seen salons come up with all kinds of names for regular gel or L&P. Especially gels... Crystal Clear Nails, Clear as Glass Nails, Crystal Nails, etc. Or... L&P with gel shine on top.

Could have just been an advertising ruse for normal nail enhancements.

Latest posts

Back