What brand polish? BioSculpture?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purpleivy

Reaction score
Hi

I'm just embarking on my venture working from home.... (Biosculpture) some of you will be sick of hearing that by now.

I was interested in this thread, as I had been wondering what sort of polish to get i.e. do I get exclusively the bio sculpture ones on the grounds that they will co-ordinate with the gels, or do I get OPI ones... had hear they were very good, but obviously the people who told me they were good didn't let on they were potential candidates for thinning. Or do I get a combination.... or something else completely.

On the Bio Sculpture front, I have only ever used one of them myself, when I was someone elses client and didn't really like the way it went on. Nice colour though.(2000)

I realise that nail polish choice is a subjective thing, but would still welcome advice from geeks working in the outside world.

TIA

Ivy

Hello Ivy

I'm a Biosculpture user but I dont use their polishes. However, if a client requests a polish to co-ordinate with their gel, say for their toes, I will order the polish for them.

Biosculpture's polishes are not bad. I find that the bottles actually break from the neck!:eek:

I use Orly and OPI (which is better to me) for polishes.

HTHs

Hi, thanks for your reply.

There is another thread regarding thinning nail polish and quite a few people saying that OPI often needs it? How have you found it?

Ivy

purpleivy said:
Hi, thanks for your reply.

There is another thread regarding thinning nail polish and quite a few people saying that OPI often needs it? How have you found it?

Ivy

I'd be honest to day that I havent used my OPI polishes that much. They are all new and have used them a few times, but I guess not enough to see them get gloopy. One thing I noticed is that one got slightly thicker, not gloopy and that was because I wasnt tightened enough, so air got into it....

Hi

I stock bio gels but not the polishes, i dont even retail their top coat anymore in my aftercare packs i retail cnd supershiney.

I do stock cnd polishes but lately have been a little dissapointed in them as i have had a few go thick on me which has never been a problem before....... mainly their white and negligee which we use for french polish.

I was going to have a look at orly so some feedback on that would be good. I do like andrea special order matching bio colours for those clients who request them.

But then saying that i have a bright pink LCN polish that is about 5 years old and it goes on lovely and has never gone thick...................oooo decisions........

Little Angel said:
Hi

I stock bio gels but not the polishes, i dont even retail their top coat anymore in my aftercare packs i retail cnd supershiney.

I do stock cnd polishes but lately have been a little dissapointed in them as i have had a few go thick on me which has never been a problem before....... mainly their white and negligee which we use for french polish.

I was going to have a look at orly so some feedback on that would be good. I do like andrea special order matching bio colours for those clients who request them.

But then saying that i have a bright pink LCN polish that is about 5 years old and it goes on lovely and has never gone thick...................oooo decisions........

I find that the OPI polishes were really nice to work with, easy to control, lovely consistency.

I found Orly way too thick, the shimmery ones did'nt do it for me.

Why not try one of each to see what you think?

ADiva1 said:
I find that the Orly polishes were really nice to work with, easy to control, lovely consistency.

I found Orly way too thick, the shimmery ones did'nt do it for me.

Why not try one of each to see what you think?

??? do you mean you found opi thick?? or that there are plus and minus to orly??

Little Angel said:
??? do you mean you found opi thick?? or that there are plus and minus to orly??

Am far too relaxed today - sorry Tracy. I find OPI nice to work with and ORLY too thick!

Thanks for the feedback so far. I'm really determined to improve very quickly so many of the topics of conversation are interesting to me.

Having done my manicure course on Thursday, I was desperate for some practice and needed to get some polishes ready. I went to my local supplier and as they had OPI I chose half a dozen colours. ..... but choosing for other people is hard. I had to imagine people I know and what they might like. I can try these and see how I get on. I'm there applyihg polish and seeing how many times I can get it on in 3 strokes of the brush!

I have elected to upgrade the course to VTCT and heard that I need to do French for the assessment. So go some white as well. Don't know where to start with the French, as it wasn't covered.

Just a couple of weeks and I am on the BioSculpture course.... then will have to learn French with that too............. practise practise practise...............

Ivy

Latest posts

Back