What can be done to help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobileharmonyxx

Reaction score
A good friend handed her notice in at her work, she only done two weeks of it due, to the stress from the area manager. She was meant to do four weeks notice.

The area manager had phoned her at home, and said that she wasnt getting her 85 hours lieu time or holiday pay.

She was forced back to work on the Sunday, now due to the stress she has suffered a stroke on the left side. The doctors said it was due to stress put upon her.

What advice would you give her? Is there any treatments that would help her?

Last edited:
Oh my god that is awfull.

I have heard that listening to music is very theraputic for people who have suffered strokes, but that the main thing is to keep moving and trying to do things.

She will get advice from the hospital and physio I am sure about massage and suchlike. But she should keep moving, talking and singing. The worst somene can do is just sit still and think the world has come to an end.

She will need loads of support and help from family and friends which I am sure she will get. :hug:

Trish

Does she have any kind of comeback against the manager if the Dr said it was caused by stress being forced back to work? Maybe she could look into that as some form of compensation even if it's just to cover medical expenses, personal expenses.

I would have thought the 85 hours would more than cover her time not being there for 2 weeks and should still get her holiday pay. Not sure of the regulations there but that's something to check out in her contract.

My heart goes out to your friend and I hope she gets better soon. I got hospitalised a few years ago with an abnormal heart beat caused by stress at work - it still plays up now if I get overly stressed. People at work have no idea the damage they can do to your health.

But I'd definately check out what the manager said regarding her entitlements being taken off her and check what her contract says (it's hard because I don't know what industry she works in - do they have an enterprise bargaining agreement, award or something she can fall back on that dictates terms of employment).

Latest posts

Back