What can I use instead of a nail display disc?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C the Results

Reaction score
I am desperate to try layering the new Shellac colours, but don't have any display discs! I have ordered some but they may take a couple of days to come and I can't wait:!: Is there anything else I can use? x

If you have some nail tips then give it a go on them, else maybe your own nails if you really can't wait a couple of days! =)

Make a small bead of acrylic ... place it on the underside of a nail tip then lay a toothpick or (wooden skewers) in the bead until the bead sets around them and get painting. You can then dispay in any Creative way you want. :) Actually easier to paint than disks and you can set them up in some Oasis (the stuff used to arrange flowers) to wait for the next coat.

I actually used the popits to make full coverage nails in clear attached to a florist pick. Then you can make as many as you want in a pinch--pop off the popit and get to painting!

Thanks for your replys, I am only trained in natural nails so no pop its or acrylic :sad: the 1st thing i did when i got home from the show was paint my own nails in purple purple and don't want to take it off already! Should of been more organised and had discs in ready!!

for a short term solution, you can paint a small stripe of the color you want to layer on the bottle of the other color, for an approximation of how it will look. (Don't cure it though obviously!!) you just wipe off when you've finished.

I popped into my local Sallys and they gave me (free) their spare nail disc type thingies. They get new ones with every order of new nail colours and had left overs. x

Thanks for your replys, I am only trained in natural nails so no pop its or acrylic :sad: the 1st thing i did when i got home from the show was paint my own nails in purple purple and don't want to take it off already! Should of been more organised and had discs in ready!!

I use orange sticks with blue tack and stick tips to them :)

We have an artists pallet that we stick tips to with blue tac. One side has our acrylic colours and the other side has shellac and Rockstar, works really well for us x

Latest posts

Back