What colours to get grey/silver

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Babybump

Reaction score
I have a client that wants to go grey/silver. Iv bleached the hair using Lomé Paris Bleach and 9%. Taken her to a level 9/10 Iv toned the hair and used purple shampoo, her mid length and ends and a beautiful platinum blonde but roots are still rather brassy it just don’t change. How can I remove this and what colours would I use to take her grey.. she is one of the hardest Iv felt with and her hair just doesn’t take to anything very well to the point a few stylists have given up on her.

Is this a client that you’ve done recently? Or is this someone before lockdown that now has quite a bit of re-growth to deal with?
It has to be lifted to a pale yellow level 10, tone out the yellow and then go in with your preferred grey. If it’s still brassy on the roots after toning, you’ve not lifted it light enough.

Recently (all correct precautions taken) i will try going back in at the roots I’m just worried about damaging the hair. Which grey would you recommend?

Most colour houses offer a variety of greys so maybe stick with the brand you normally use. Here’s a thread explaining about grey that might be helpful?

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/the-grey-silver-thread.288317/
Also, as you’re a new member and called yourself ‘baby bump’, I really hope you’re not taking unnecessary risks whilst pregnant.

Latest posts

Back