What could you recycle in a salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nora525

Reaction score
You can freely call me a freak if you want to, but this is a topic very near to my heart (says her who is about to build a greenhouse to my allotment from the plastic fizzy drink bottles.... :eek:). I think that salons produce quite amount of rubbish and most of it is nonrecycled too. However, we know that plastics could be recycled, but how else would you be able to reduce the land filling???? :green:
I do know of people who are cleaning and ironing their used foils.....

Hi Nora , good thread , I love to study enviromental issues, and I always try to think of recycling things as I hate waste too,
I always try and buy things that will last a long time so I dont need to replace them all the time ,

I used to wash foils but then I thought to myself how much water was I wasting ?
so now I dont know what is best, to wash foils or save water ?
so I look for thinner foils to use as they break down a lot quicker than thick ones ,

I re use the very large square shampoo containers for planting seeds and lettuce ect , I just wash them out and cut off the top part and make a few drain holes in the bottom,
I also keep one in the car filled with fresh water for topping up the water tank and window wipers , :)

I keep them too for a lots of things. Foils I think you could dispose with tins? In my area we have a system so I dispose foils with the other tin rubbish and no complains yet :D

Then I have also discovered to re-use the pump bottles I have bought from a my wholesaler, so I just stick another label so that I know what is in it and use it with another shampoo..... I buy 5 litre cans of shampoo and conditioner....

I suppose those cans you could even make slow watering systems on the dry periods in the summer by punching few thin holes on the lid and the filling it with the water and placing right next to the plant. Saves you from watering every night.....

I have a tanning and nail salon and used to put recyclable rubbish ie old catalogues, magazines and paper into local reycle bins located behind my salon. The local council sent me a nastly letter accusing me of disposng of business waste in the wrong manner. (Obviously someone had told them or hey had read by address on some discarded paperwork) I now have to put it all into my red wheelie bin for them to take away and put into landfill. Sounds stupid I know but I would have been fined if i had continued to use the recycle bins.

I still continue to recycle all my household waste

Diane

I'd recycle my staff some days!! Only joking!
Never thought about recycling the foils-good idea!

I have a tanning and nail salon and used to put recyclable rubbish ie old catalogues, magazines and paper into local reycle bins located behind my salon. The local council sent me a nastly letter accusing me of disposng of business waste in the wrong manner. (Obviously someone had told them or hey had read by address on some discarded paperwork) I now have to put it all into my red wheelie bin for them to take away and put into landfill. Sounds stupid I know but I would have been fined if i had continued to use the recycle bins.

I still continue to recycle all my household waste

Diane

what a bloody joke! there's no business recycling scheme here either but luckily, there are these pedi-cab blokes who do all sorts on their bikes, recycling for businesses being one so they take paper, card and clear plastic. plus they come in in their tiny shorts :)

We try to minimize waste as much as possible and recycle as much paper and card as we can.

my friend works in a salon and every week the girl/guy who recycles the most gets a £5 voucher or something... an incentive for everyone to do their piece if you will. x

All my little pots I give out to clients who ask for them for storage,,, craft, gardening etc.
I put a little note by may desk asking if anyone would like them and I got a brilliant response.

Latest posts

Back