What did other kids at your school make of you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol I was a loner at school! Well, my first primary school, I had no friends at all until I was about 6, then I met my best friend (and we still are very good friends to this date), at 8 I moved schools but was bullied again there. Secondary school was ok, I had a lot of friends but was never part of the popular group. I was more interested in homework, art and doing school performances than I was with boys and fashion (although I was always known throughout the whole of the school as being 'the girl with the nails' :lol: that up'ed my coolness a bit). I'd always get classmates trying to get me to do their art homework, or they'd purposely sit next to me in Science so they could copy my work. I was a bit of a geek, not naturally brainy though, I had to work hard for the results I got.

College was fab, I made a great deal of good friends, who again, are still friends now. I had a reputation in my 2nd year for being a bit cheeky though :D My form tutor was always trying to convince me to go to art school after college, something I greatly regret now, but at the time, I just shrugged it off and declared I was going off to 'do nails' :lol:

I hated school. Primary school was ok and I had a close group of mates but once I started high school one of my so called close friends turned against me and turned everyone else against me, threatening me and making barking noises everytime I went past her a her fave nickname for me was 'dog', her mates joined in aswell. I ended up on my own and other nasty pupils picked up on this and started picking on me too. I was shoved into a locker by some older lads, spat at on my way to school once and corniered by a nasty girl gang in the year above me. I had to leave in the end. I'm getting my life back on track now thankfully and have lovely mates.

I hated school. Primary school was ok and I had a close group of mates but once I started high school one of my so called close friends turned against me and turned everyone else against me, threatening me and making barking noises everytime I went past her a her fave nickname for me was 'dog', her mates joined in aswell. I ended up on my own and other nasty pupils picked up on this and started picking on me too. I was shoved into a locker by some older lads, spat at on my way to school once and corniered by a nasty girl gang in the year above me. I had to leave in the end. I'm getting my life back on track now thankfully and have lovely mates.

Theres nothing stranger than some folks hey...what comes round goes around though :hug:

..glad your now with proper friends.

Thanks for all your replies Geeks :hug:

I wasnt keen on primary school in the final years (Mr Shields was awful), absolutely loved grammar school and loved college. Was in with the cool group (because I wanted to be, not because they were cool). I was in the last year of girls grammar before it changed into a comprehensive and found boys ! School work I found quite easy, was confident and happy, bit gobby, bit of a comedian, always wore dangly earrings and skirts that were way too small and too tight, always found in the bus station or local coffee shop smoking, for which I got a couple of detentions for. Never got bullied at school or college, that started in my first job (typing pool, say no more !), then in my second job, then in my third job, hence why I dumped the secretarial world, had varying different businesses, successful and unsuccessful and landed up here, which I am perfectly happy with.

I was a bookworm Collin!:) I was very bright, always looked immaculate and got top grades. Because I was always neatly dressed, I was often chosen to represent the school in many aspects... and hated it!

I was useless at sports.

Didnt really have any probs with other children. Other than going to a megga posh school where every one was chauffeur driven and I wasnt, lol.

Hmmm can't believe I've only just found this thread!

I hated school to me it just felt like it was holding me back. I had one friend throughout primary, she was so amazing that I didn't think i'd need any more.

I continued to shun everyone who tried to befriend me into secondary as I still didn't see the need for more friends when the one I had was so great she felt the same.

Then in 2nd year she went and overdosed and died and I was left with no-one! My wee life crumbled!

But then everyone at school felt sorry for me and wanted to be my friend so I became everyones friend, mostly hanging out in the cool gang! People started to love me for me instead of pity and I started to really enjoy my life again and made soooooo many good friends. My house was always full of my friends especially boys (I've always preferred their company - and I was a bit of a slapper).

So I hated school but loved the friends I made.

I even managed to get good grades with minimum effort which let me move to the other side of the country to go to University and meet even more guys!

Can I just add that i have settled down now and got married and I'm very happy and still have lots of friends x

Latest posts

Back