what do i do now

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeldana

Reaction score
im lost i have just compleeted my nail course in acrylic and am at a loss at what to do now i live in east sussex and have no idea where to go for a job there are no rooms to rent and no one seemes to want to take on someone who has just passed any help or advice will be much apprecheated

i would practise on friends and family for a while to get more experience take pictures of all the nails you do and make a portfolio then you can show the employer what your capable of if you get an interview, i did this for a while and charged £10 just so i could get the practise.

that sounds like a good idea its just so hard to get a job no where is advertising and its even worse now that the discount salons are taking over

Last edited by a moderator:
that sounds like a good idea its just so hard to get a job no where is advertising and its even worse now that the discount salons are taking over

Hi

Go mobile. Get some flyers printed with your services and contact details. Give all your friends and family 5 each to hand out for you to work colleagues and their own families/friends.

Phone the local schools, they will be organising their xmas fairs right now. Book yourself a table, do nail art or mini manis for a few pounds each and give out business cards. Also a good place to get childrens party bookings.

also try the local churches as these too will be having xmas fairs.

Search this forum for more start up ideas.:hug:

Latest posts

Back