What do make-up artists do for their own wedding?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipster

Reaction score

I am getting married and am going to do my own make-up but not sure about the BMs and my mum. I don’t know many other artists and would be happy to do some of it but possibly not everyone as I will probably be very nervous. I had thought that I could give them a little lesson in advance and then we could all do our prep, foundation, concealer at the same time and could give a helping hand to help it look flawless. This could also be fun and reduce the amount of time to get ready. I could also do the rest and thought I would keep it simple with liner, lashes and a strong lip as it’s a Xmas wedding.

What do you think?

you could give them tips at the hen night or just have a night for just your mam and the bm's make a whole night of it with wine and nibbles (I dont no why but I almost wrote nipples phahaha)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am getting married and am going to do my own make-up but not sure about the BMs and my mum. I don’t know many other artists and would be happy to do some of it but possibly not everyone as I will probably be very nervous. I had thought that I could give them a little lesson in advance and then we could all do our prep, foundation, concealer at the same time and could give a helping hand to help it look flawless. This could also be fun and reduce the amount of time to get ready. I could also do the rest and thought I would keep it simple with liner, lashes and a strong lip as it’s a Xmas wedding.

What do you think?

Could you not find another mua to help? My sister is a makeup artist and at her wedding she had a friend do everyone else but then she ended up wanting to do my mum and help the bridesmaids and everything ended up running late so there wasn't enough time for photos etc. So my advice on the day would be get in as much help as you can so you don't feel like you have to do anything and maybe work in some extra time in your timetable just in case. Xx

you could give them tips at the hen night or just have a night for just your mam and the bm's make a whole night of it with wine and nibbles (I dont no why but I almost wrote nipples phahaha)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks!

I could look into someone else but I guess I would prefer to do the make-up the way I like it and not have someone knew coming in.

Hopefully the people don't mind and I'll do any touch ups needed as its mainly tricks to make normal make-up look better anyway.

I did my own, get someone else to do your bridesmaids etc..

Latest posts

Back