What do you all think of Koleston 12/96

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzion

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have just been recommended this by Sally's to give that almost soft white look. Any thoughts?

Cheers x

No takers? xx

Someone has to try it. Looks like that person is you!! Please let us know how you get on. I use this range but not tried that colour yet. I like the sound of a softened white blonde without looking gold or beige.

hi
sorry only just seen the thread,
i use it on 2 clients and love it..
one (older lady) has blonde but wanted a pinky cast over it, or more of a pearly cast should i say.. so i just did the usual blonde and used it as a toner with 3% for 10 mins,, (i know highlift shouldn't be used a toner but it works well for what she wants.

my other lady (a 22 year old) has bleach blonde all over (white) and has this as a flash of baby pink through the fringe... it is gorgeous.. i mix 3 parts 12/0 and 1 part 12/96 with 12% for the flashes and then bleach the rest...
it really does look noce.. she loves it
hth xxx

Thanks for letting me know that. I like the idea of using a small amount with 12/0 to soften the effect of 12/0 on its own cheers

hi,

I'll let you know how I get on, I'm using it tomorrow, then again on Friday on conpletely different desired affects....should be interesting!:)

used it today, customer was very happy, finished result was a lovely pearlescent blonde!!

great... what did you mix? x

Hiya,

12/96 only + 40 vol peroxide. I-m using it again on a client Monday who I usually do 901 on but have asked her if she fancies this, she's 50% grey but her hair is really resistant, years ago I used to hilight her hair with bleach and 60vol, plus heat, "Oh my God!" but that was the only thing that knocked out the yellow. Think it'll be softer for her as she's not getting any younger....but who is?:lol:

ooooooh sounds nice..
xx

Hiya,

12/96 only + 40 vol peroxide. I-m using it again on a client Monday who I usually do 901 on but have asked her if she fancies this, she's 50% grey but her hair is really resistant, years ago I used to hilight her hair with bleach and 60vol, plus heat, "Oh my God!" but that was the only thing that knocked out the yellow. Think it'll be softer for her as she's not getting any younger....but who is?:lol:

What base shade did you use this on? Was it slightly pinky looking at all? Im scared to use it lol

What base shade did you use this on? Was it slightly pinky looking at all? Im scared to use it lol

Her base is a very tough 7, lots of natural red in her hair, but it came out great, I put it on the roots for 40mins, then combed through for 15 as I've already been hi lifting it, it had a very sheer hint of pink but I know that will fade after 1 wash. i used it again today on a customer who was about 60% + grey, again very resistant hair, but she like to dabble, so I asked her last week if she fancied trying it, I used Ion 901 last time , which looked good, butwe thought we'd try this, and her roots again had a pink glow, but she knows sometimes you have to go through that until the tome fades out, only 1 or 2 washes at most. She's going to let me know when her colour is next due what she prefers. I'm lucky I've got some clients that are up for the challenge.:)

Latest posts

Back