What do you do to keep yourself motivated?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemimaFox

Reaction score
Sometimes I wake up and just can't be bothered with the day. Don't get me wrong I love my job and all of my clients but some days I just don't feel that motivated!
Often I will read a thread on here, watch a great film or just have a long chat about the business with my boyfriend and I feel this surge of positive energy bubbling up! But the feeling doesn't always last and I feel back to being a little bit lazy and grumpy!
My boyfriend is very motivated by money, but me...not so much.

So I was just wondering what keeps everyone going through the long hours and endless weekend work?
Do you have goals or dreams? How do you stay focused and positive about achieving them?

I still haven't started working in beauty (garage is full of boyfriends mates junk so can't transform :( ). But i have 3 other jobs and one I hate to bits but I always think if I don't go I won't be able to save money for a car and more beauty stuff (I live off 2 job wages an save the third wage) if that makes any sense?!

I always think I need a car, insurance, tax, driving test & theory - I need more products and equipment to start beauty - so it gives me a kick up the bum - when I get to work I always think only 6hours 50mins to go and slowly count down haha xx

I have days like this but to be honest with you i think of the money! I do love hairdressing and im mobile now and sometimes i wake up and think i cba today but once im there and they pay at end its not too bad lol! X

I think this applies to most fields of work, tbh. Even if you've got one you halfway like, for the majority of the time you're on countdown mode until your life's your own again! :D

yesterday I had a hangover from the night before, and was looking forward to a lazy afternoon. But the phone rang, and I said '**** off' ' then answered it, in a professional manner, and the pesky woman wanted her friggin nails done and wanted to come over in the next half hour..grrr. So I said of course, no problem. So glad she came though. she was lovely, wanted gelish for her night out, and she re-booked. Her visit was well worth losing my sleep :biggrin: I went to bed later in the afternoon.

its usually something that sparks me off, like a Trade show, or Yell ringing me, or reading a post in nail geek, or reading an article which gets me thinking I must rewrite my pedicure treatments list, or sets me off rearranging my salon room, or going through my products. Its those sort of things that get me in the mood to improve.

I find that being the sole breadwinner focuses the mind somewhat...

The thought of going back to a rubbish pay, rubbish hours, soul destroying job keeps me going. That, and the fact my girls & I like sparkly things motivates me :)

Woke up this morning feeling really motivated, wish I could bottle this feeling!

I absolutely love my job can't imagine doing anything else 😄

I have a massive problem with people at my work though who moan all the time about how much they hate their job

My pet peve is when you say " morning , you alright ?"

And they reply

"We'll im here so no ......"

Soooo annoying if I seriously hated my job that much I would desperately try to get another one ( even in this current climate )

Woo slightly off thread but rant over 😊

I constantly work to targets which really focuses the mind. The first might be to beat the same month last year, when I reach it I aim to beat it +10%. It means that every booking or retail sale gives you a buzz as you know you're nearer that next target!

Atm I find it difficult to motivate myself! My full time job sucks the life out of you. In my full time job I'm constantly clock watching.

However I am slowly building my business and can't wait for the day I can walk into my full time job and literally say 'Screw you and your job! I've taken note of everything you did wrong with your employees and how you run the place, to ensure I never let that happen to my business! Bubye now.'

That feeling certainly helps the days pass!

Latest posts

Back