What do you enjoy doing the most?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitterbox81

Reaction score
I'm new to this but I adore being creative. I love the whole doing nails thing but when it's a French manicure or a plain colour I don't get super excited. However, my sister in law loves to have attention grabbing nails that are a bit different (despite only having short bitten nails to work with) and tomorrow she's booked in and has requested a design involving animal print, glitter, a different design on each nail and lots of colour. I've had great fun this evening browsing for inspiration and coming up with a plan. I'm really excited to see it on her nails.

What gets you most excited about nails?

I agree! Most of my clients are conservative though and I wish I could find some edgier people. I love working with additives, glitter, and foils. The best way to convince people has been with my own nails. I always keep my nails looking their best and clients who would never normally go for nail art will often ask about my nails and be willing to try it when they see it on me. Right now I'm wearing shellac with foil and glitter and getting lots of compliments :)

I enjoy doing Shellac! So quick yet so beautiful. The art possibilities are endless too.

Enhancements always look good when they're done but I have to admit I prefer Infills - restoring them to their former glory, especially because a lot of new clients have never had infills before! I probably like Infills because people tend to have more art etc at maintenance appointments than with a full set.

xx

I love Gelish manicures with nail art, I can't draw to save my life so asking me to do a beautiful butterfly will look like a child has scribbled on your nail !!
However I love to doodle & swirl, therefore some of my designs are quite good so I'm told.

I HATE acrylics though, but think that's cause I can't get them to last. So at the moment I'd prefer to do Gelish over Acrylics.

i love it all to be honest and couldnt pick one thing! i do love shellac and how quickly you can create fantastic nails. i love the fact that each client is different, i wouldnt want to do nail art all the time! i have a fashion student who comes up with colour combos i hadnt thought of and always has something different, nothing too in your face just different.

I also love Gelish and so do my clients ;)

I love doing Shellac..90% of the time with nail art..plain colour just feels like im dropping my standards a bit lol.

Also love doing forever french gel enhancements, preferably extensions.

What I love doing second most to both of those is..SHOPPING for nail stuff lol. I spent almost an hour on S2 struggling so hard to decide what to buy..like a freaking kid in a candy store!

I'm new to this but I adore being creative. I love the whole doing nails thing but when it's a French manicure or a plain colour I don't get super excited. However, my sister in law loves to have attention grabbing nails that are a bit different (despite only having short bitten nails to work with) and tomorrow she's booked in and has requested a design involving animal print, glitter, a different design on each nail and lots of colour. I've had great fun this evening browsing for inspiration and coming up with a plan. I'm really excited to see it on her nails.

What gets you most excited about nails?
I love sculpting with Retention+ powders on performance forms.
That and everything that involves additives and the usage of my thumb-pallette :)

Greetings from Belgium,
Conny

I love education :eek: am I a bit weird.

I love the build up before you learn something new then the excitement afterwards when you go and practise it.

Lol

Shellac Rockstars (and glitter tattoos) - am a glitter addict!

Never enjoy boring old french......unless it's done with glitter, yeeaay!:lol:

K-Nails, I also enjoy learning.

I love transforming nails, making them Beautiful and well constructed. I like to build things and am very handy around the house. Hammer or a nail brush, both suit me. I like painting nails or walls.
I LOVE GLITTER! And shopping for anything nails. And being a geek :)

I am also very newbut I love doing pedi's and the foot bath and massage.. I do this for alot of senior ladies and we gab over thier lives past and present so for me its good for them and fun for me! I use Gelish as well for a french Manicure on their tootsies... some even do a sticker decal or two ha ha

Latest posts

Back