what do you say? costly full set?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_sabrina_

Reaction score
What do I say to a lady who says my full sets are dear? :rolleyes:
I know I have got the skill and they are not that costly.
What do you say?

Thanks

I would say that the cost is due to my high standard of work
and expertise in nails.:hug:

I would say...its not me thats dear....its you thats cheap :smack: :lol: just kidding :green:

Seriously tho..id say something along the lines that...you use high end products and training and all your prices are carefully worked out to cover the costs of your materials and time...with a small profit...and when you think about the many different products used in one service and the time and skill required..im sure you can see that my prices are reasonable.
And i might add that its a shame people werent more concerned with the health of their nails as opposed to the price!

On second thoughts...that last sentence might sound a bit rude...perhaps id just think that instead....along with the first one :)

Or you could say....really? Do you think so? Im surprised you say that as I find most of my clients comment on how reasonable my prices seem. Not much she can say back to that is there.

You could say

"My prices reflect my services and my high standard of education. I offer high quality products, with high quality services. I don't use cheap, illegal and/or toxic products that are 1/3 the cost of my own, which are often found in cheaper salons that put your natural nails and your health at risk. Your natural nail health is my priority, and so I don't take shortcuts nor treat you like a number. I won't cause you pain, nor discomfort during the service which is unecessary and often damaging to the nail in an attempt to save myself time.
My services are personalized and detailed, and the end results reflect that."

How's that?:hug:

All of the above, but, as I also would have to say....

My clients hardly ever lose a nail, which means that they have not got the extra costs on top of their rebalance/infill to add on for repairs/new nails to be added.

My Mum always used to say....'If you buy cheap, you buy twice'
Which means that if you buy a cheap thing, it will most likely break/be useless for the task & you would then have to go out and buy another of better quality - so effectively - the cheap item becomes the more expensive. That can also be reflected in nails - cheap nails = loss of a nail or two = more expensive rates to put right.

I hope that makes sense!

"I'm really sorry you feel that way, but I have to include the overhead of my ongoing, up-to-date training. That is what ensures I'm able to provide you the safest, most hygenic and best nail enhancements available in the industry.

I really want to be absolutely sure that my clients are getting the best products and service available, I'm sure you would agree that would be the best thing for a nail technician to do?"

You could say - you pays your money you take your choice! There's cheap hairdressers and expensive ones and they all survive, and it's the same in nails. Just depends if you want a cheap set of if you want the best, it's up to you! :green::green:

I agree with Sass, I wouldnt work too hard to explain myself. She can either have cheap nails, or good nails, I would just say "you get what you pay for". You could work really hard to convince her to pay your prices but you may come across as desperate, and also if she is a cheap client (we all know the sort!) she is more likely not to look after them, miss her appointments and generally not to be a good reliable regular client.

Keep your prices where they are, My prices are higher than my immediate competition, and as non p.c as it may sound I like to think it keeps the rff raff out!:lol: Of course I'm not trying to deter people, but I do want to attract the 30 plus ladies who are more likely to be mature enough to take care of their work, and to be able to afford to be regular clients. I do have the odd young client, but most of my clients are over 30.

p.s I'm NOT saying that over 30 is old, I'm over 30 myself!!:lol:

Latest posts

Back