what do you think of my web site?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SistaBliss

Reaction score
hey lovely people

i have had my web site set up since october and its coming up high in google search which i'm really happy about. my clients give me good feedback on it too but i just wanted to know if you could take a look at it for me and let me know what you think?

i'm not sure if i'm happy with it but that's just me, so self critical!

i have changed the home page recently and am worried that it now looks to messy! also am thinking of creating a seperate aftercare page and putting everything on that. honest opinions please! thanks in advance for being so kind and taking the time to have a look xxx :hug:

web site is www.mytimebeauty.co.uk

Last edited:
I like it, it's perhaps a bit busy on the home page if that's what you meant? but you offer a lot of services.. the tabs along the top work well perhaps try reorganising your text on some of the pages by using bullet points to make it more user friendly? Just an idea, I'm not expert!!

have asked on thoughts of mine, be honest..

Last edited:
The font on the home page is a little hard to read, especially if people are going to be browsing on IPhones or Blackberrys.

I like it, it's perhaps a bit busy on the home page if that's what you meant? but you offer a lot of services.. the tabs along the top work well perhaps try reorganising your text on some of the pages by using bullet points to make it more user friendly? Just an idea, I'm not expert!!

have asked on thoughts of mine, be honest..
Sunkissed X Mobile Spray Tanning - Home

thank you :) yeah i thought it was to busy, it was to 'empty' so i put more on it and now its to busy, lol! i will try with the bullets too see how that looks i just like to have as much info as possible and clients have commented on the fact that they can see exactly what they are getting with each treatment.

love the colours on your site, not sure about the news & offers page its a bit messy and not very easy to read. also are you working alone or with colleagues? if its just you then could you change contact us to contact me? just it looks like there's a group of your working as a company rather than just one person, does that make sense?

like you though i'm no expert, just my honest opinions :) xxx

The font on the home page is a little hard to read, especially if people are going to be browsing on IPhones or Blackberrys.

i did wonder about that so thank you. is there anything else you would change?

by the way would like a logo created and some vouchers, cards etc. whats the best way of contacting you about this, shall i do it through your web site? thanks :)

It's quite a friendly website, but the front page is maybe a bit busy. I liked it though.

It's quite a friendly website, but the front page is maybe a bit busy. I liked it though.

thank you :)

have changed the home page now but still not sure if i'm happy with it, don't think i ever will be lol :irked: xx

I've sent you a pm :)

I probably would say this, but yes, I think you need some branding to personalise it- as it pretty much shouts "off the shelf template" at the moment.

Ok- with regards to the other pages, they're a little manic...I'm not sure where i'm supposed to be looking half the time, as text is in different columns, and in different sizes etc.

You need to simplify the "flow" of the site, really edit down your text (people really arent going to spend ages reading your site) and keep the text totally uniform.

I'll give some advice more generally to people who are asking for website critiques recently.

One trend I have noticed is lots and lots of text.

Did you know the average user spends less then 60 seconds on a website? In general, people are a lot less interested in your business than you are.

So, while you have them, you have to make the most of it- give them the information sharpish and then give them a "call to action"- give them a reason to call/email you, and give them the means to do it quickly.

Hope that helps :)

Last edited:

I probably would say this, but yes, I think you need some branding to personalise it- as it pretty much shouts "off the shelf template" at the moment.

Ok- with regards to the other pages, they're a little manic...I'm not sure where i'm supposed to be looking half the time, as text is in different columns, and in different sizes etc.

You need to simplify the "flow" of the site, really edit down your text (people really arent going to spend ages reading your site) and keep the text totally uniform.

I'll give some advice more generally to people who are asking for website critiques recently.

One trend I have noticed is lots and lots of text.

Did you know the average user spends less then 60 seconds on a website? In general, people are a lot less interested in your business than you are.

So, while you have them, you have to make the most of it- give them the information sharpish and then give them a "call to action"- give them a reason to call/email you, and give them the means to do it quickly.

Thank you that helps a lot! I have changed it now and it looks better already. Have also sent you an email as per your pm. Thanks again :)

I agree with whats said above, also some of the text on the price list could do with being all aligned.

Theres one thing that worries me and thats the bit about selling the Shellac remover wraps for clients to remove themselves, I have seen discussions elsewhere about this and got the general feeling that this was a huge no-no?

I probably would say this, but yes, I think you need some branding to personalise it - as it pretty much shouts "off the shelf template" at the moment.

lol, ya mental :):)

I agree with whats said above, also some of the text on the price list could do with being all aligned.

Theres one thing that worries me and thats the bit about selling the Shellac remover wraps for clients to remove themselves, I have seen discussions elsewhere about this and got the general feeling that this was a huge no-no?

yeah you're right i've seen that too i should take it off lol thanks x

Latest posts

Back