What do you think of this offer? Rent a room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet Star

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I need some advice a lady is opening up her salon this weekend and ive been speaking to her today as i emailed her a few weeks back about having a space in there. So the offer is that i provide all my breauty treatments (im the only therapist there) and also take my bookings etc and we share the profit 50/50 and we also go 50/50 on buying the products too

How does this sound?

Hi, It's sounds very expensive and complicated to me. How will you sort out receipts for HMRC if you are sharing costs 50/50?

All the times I rented space I paid between 20 to 25% of my profits but I brought all my own products etc.

Hi I too think that sounds rather pricey, when we have rented rooms at our old place in the past the therapist has paid a set amount for the space (i think it was about £25 a day getting less if for more than a couple of days) and provided all their own towels and products. However at our new place when we have extra therapists in, we provide everything and still split 50/50. HTH

xx

I agree with the other 2 comments. It sounds very expensive to me. Try asking for:
* paying a percentage to rent the room (usually 20%) but you provide all the products and towels
or
* renting the room from her (paying a set rent say £50 a week depending on room space etc)

Latest posts

Back