what do you think of Wedding fayres?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracie130178

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Just wanted your thoughts on Wedding fayres, have you got much biz from them? Even after you have paid the fee, some are wanting £200 to hold one:eek:.

I am a mobile Nail Technician and also offer spray tans and Semi per lash extensions.

Any advice would be great tips etc

Thank you

Hi, I enquired into this and when i was told it was £90.00 for a 5 ft round table i declined. not necessarily because i thought it was expensive but i wasnt sure i would make that much money back.. And at the moment i need to guarantee that. I have got the impression that at wedding fayres it is more of a marketing /advertising event rather than you being able to do treatments, though im sure you can offer sample nails of Wedding nail art, shellac, minx etc, Id say if you feel it would be a good experience for you then do it, When i have better cashflow i will do one just for the experience to see what it is like, Let us know x:)

Hey tracie,

I did one last year which on the face of it I didn't think was worth it, it was relatively inexpensive, about £80, and they were great in limiting the number of same service stall holders.

I say that I didn't think it was worth it mainly because it was full of people looking quite a way in advance of their wedding (2 years or so in some cases) and they were interested mainly in cars, cakes, dresses and entertainment. I thought that it was a little too far in the future for people to be thinking about make up (which is what I was displaying mainly).

That said, I did pick up 2 bookings from it, one a couple of weeks after the event for a lovely lady who's mum I'd had a chat to, and another for a wedding which was at Christmas, so 8-9 months after the fayre.

The thing I learned for if I decide to do another one, is to take someone, preferably 2 people with me to help out, hand out leaflets, chat to people and importantly to demo on. I say 2 because if you're busy applying make up/nails etc, it's easy for people to just walk on by, but if someone is there to engage them in conversation it's much more likely to keep you in their mind.

HTH
T.x

I have worked some wedding fayres. I have a good friend that is a wedding fayre business and I have helped her out with meeting and greeting brides etc but also worked on a table for a musician who was exhibiting. I think you have to really plan your table/display really well to attract attention and have more than one of you so you can engage in conversation with the brides or mothers or indeed anyone else in the party.

I personally won't do them any more as I think the whole wedding fayre business has become very cut throat and a bit sharp. They gather names and sell the lists to other businesses for a profit. This is one thing which I strongly object to. There are people that charge four times for the same service just because its a wedding. There are a great many companies doing wedding stuff now and they play dirty believe me. My friend has had to hire people to guard her road signs on the days of her wedding fayres as her competitors go out in the dead of night taking them down!!

But in their defense the lady that was doing florals on the table next to me at the last one I did said that one booking more than covered the cost of the wedding fayre. I saw her take details of possible bookings for at least 30 people on the day so probably worth while for her. Her display was gobsmacking though.

If you don't mind spending your Sunday cooped up in a grotty hotel meeting room with dodgy disco guys and photographers go for it!!!

Thank you for all your replys, you have potentially saved me a lot of money. I thought it would be a case of all that but just thought I would ask your experiance. I think I will give it a miss because I can not see me making from it, apart from the odd booking!!

Thanks again xx

The best thing to do is go along to a few and see what they are like as a visitor.

Mat

Latest posts

Back