What do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jmho i Dont let my Hubby or students practice with white tips. To a newbie who doesnt know exactly how to ratio on a short nail bed it can be confusing torture. Stick to natural colored or clear tips and use it as an opportunity to practice making white tips with white powder. That way you nearly always have the right placement and its not halfway up the bed. Its a harder route to walk to it will be worth it in the end because you will gain tons of skill during practice and you'll learn to control your brush.
An exercise i use to learn zone thickness is to sitdown with a box of full well tips and just start placing acrylic on them. You goal will be thin thick thin. Thin near the "cuticle" thin near the edge and thick in the middle. Use on end of the tip and add enough product to cover say a thumbnail size. That way you can flip it and use then other end of the tip for another try. It took my students about 40 tips a peice that day but it improved them instantly. Also take your time and breathe. Alot of students feel rushed for some reason and flood the cuticle with product. They look real nice for a new tech! Good luck!

Thanks all thumbs! Yeah I was told the thin thick thin thing but was struggling with z3 so kept putting more on but then having to pat it and drag it up. We were taught on the course to use tips with wells and shown the technique of placing the tip on til you heard/felt the click and not told how much natural nail you should see so I actually have no idea what a balanced nail looks like and as a complete newbie to the industry I now feel a bit let down by the course :(

xx

Latest posts

Back