What do you wear as a nail professional?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candy-pops

Reaction score
Hi I'm planning on starting a home based salon in the next couple of months. I'm really not sure what to wear when performing treatments. (Shellac,hd brows,spray tanning,lash extensions). My immediate thought was traditional salon wear i.e a tunic. However being home based is this really necessary? I don't believe it will impact on the quality of treatments of the level of service I provide. Is casual wear acceptable ? By casual i mean smart casual, not jogging bottoms and a tank top.

Anyone's input would be really great!

Thanks.

I work from home salon and am in the camp of looking smart but feeling comfy, so I wear black jersey trousers from M&S (the ones with no zips/buttons - VERY comfy LOL), plain purple t-shirt tunic from Bonprix and black Mary-Jane type shoes. Although its not "proper" salon uniform everyone compliments me on how professional I look.

Karaxxx

I work from home and generally wear a beauty tunic with leggings and pumps

Hi there! I started from home too and I'm sure wearing my tunic made a good first impression on my clients. Now I'm mobile and I feel that I need to feel comfortable to travel. Having said that, I still want to wear my tunic to keep the standard.
I would like to know what other people do too.
Good luck with your business! X

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I dont do nails i do hair & beauty. I also do mobile & wear my tunic as I feel and look professional. I feel asin I am in some sort of zone aswell if you understand to keep it professional

LusciousLocks&Me

A white beauty tunic, white trousers (I love Jeans) and white shoes. For me is white very hygienic and professional. :)

I work from a Log Cabin in my garden and wear black trousers and my black and pink CND tunic - because I think it is important to look professional and I am very proud to be a CND girl ;-) x

Hi, I work from home on evenings and weekends. I wear a tunic and leggings. I think it gives a better impression, and people are always surprised at how professional it is. I think some people think that because they are going to a home salon then it won't be like a normal salon, so if you can keep that standard I think it looks better. Just my opinion though!!! xxx

I wear either my tunic dresses tights and shoes, heels if I'm in the mood but today I'm wearing a plain black long sleeve pencil dress from tesco tights and heels. I look smart and comfortable, I try to stick to one colour like black because if I do wear something like this it fits in with my "uniform" I sometimes think I will just wear my usual clothes if at the last min I have to do a client but I always feel scruffy so change at the last min into my uniform! You just feel ready to work when your in your uniform and I'm sure clients will feel a bit more salonfied lol

I've always wore tunics and leggings, or the trousers that came with my tunics and a plain black v-neck top and ballet flats. I don't like the idea of wearing my "normal" clothes for work.

I work from a Log Cabin in my garden and wear black trousers and my black and pink CND tunic - because I think it is important to look professional and I am very proud to be a CND girl ;-) x

Hello! May I ask how the sizing is on the CND tunic please? I'm just about to purchase one - are they true to size?

Many thanks! x

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

I also work from home and wear a salon uniform-black trousers and black tunic/top. I made sure they are comfortable, but to me it looks professional and puts me in my "professional" mode, lol! I also don't like the idea of wearing my regular clothes for work because I can be clumsy at times, and often end up with polish, wax, glue, etc on my clothes :/

Hi, I work from home on evenings and weekends. I wear a tunic and leggings. I think it gives a better impression, and people are always surprised at how professional it is. I think some people think that because they are going to a home salon then it won't be like a normal salon, so if you can keep that standard I think it looks better. Just my opinion though!!! xxx

How is working on the evenings and weekends working out?

I wear black trouser, black boots or fit flops in the summer and a black or purple tunic. With some clients I can get away with wearing black trousers, black t.shirt and black cardigan. For one particular client I have to wear old jeans because their enormous white Labrador always rubs up against me and I'm completely covered in white fur. :lol:

How is working on the evenings and weekends working out?

Hi Kimgora!

It's okay at the mo, but as I'm quite new to nails I'm just building up clients, I'm getting clients each week now, but still not loads. Not enough to give up the day job!! Xx

I wear black leggings with a pink or black plain t shirt and my rather smart (even if I do say so myself) tabard apron from Diamond designs which is embroidered with my logo. Almost all new clients comment on it 😀

Thanks so much everyone for the advice :) I probably will invest in a tunic,does anyone know where you can get a cnd tunic? From s2? Xx

I used to wear tunics but always found them constricting no matter what brand. i have recently changed to dress pants with a stretchy material and a cardigan in the eve taylor color teal since i carry that brand :)

I'm mobile and I wear black trousers and a purple beauty tunic because I think it's important to look professional. Also important to be comfortable of course and if I found this uncomfortable I'd still dress smart and wear maybe a t-shirt with my name on or something

Sorry only just seen this - sizing is pretty accurate I think - I just ordered my normal size x

Latest posts

Back