What does everyone think about taped wefts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Desirée;2037096 said:
The first time i tried it, my supplier told me to use the same remover as for keratin bondings.
The silikone skinweft curled up and the glue on the tape got all sticky like chewing gum.

Then my supplier told me that I should use isopropyl alcohol to remove the tape. The tape got of just fine from the skinweft, but it was still the same sticky mess. This time I only did one piece on my self to try it out, so no harm done.

After that I swore of the tape, but after reading this I might give it one more try (on my self!) and hopefully get the right remover!!

Yes the tape does go sticky you just peel it off and put new tape on x

Love locks extensions by Zoe❤

Ok stupid question (I don't do tapes) but would tape extensions be a good option for extending pre lightened hair? I'm growing out a god awful hair cut which is now jaw length and my hair is bleached due to the bright pink elumen I had during the summer and then couldn't remove so just bleached it out. It's in an ok condition and is not breaking but I'm just impatient and want my long hair back x

Why didn't you use the elumen remover? It's not an oxidising colour and doesn't work the same as normal colour molecules.

If your hair is long enough for any other type of extensions, then tapes are great. And particularly for sensitised hair, as ther is not heat used in the application process.

Why didn't you use the elumen remover? It's not an oxidising colour and doesn't work the same as normal colour molecules.

If your hair is long enough for any other type of extensions, then tapes are great. And particularly for sensitised hair, as ther is not heat used in the application process.

My hair was pre lightened to a 10 and overly sensitised (totally my fault as I chop and changed my colour constantly) and had 3 lots of Pk over it. I did use 3x applications of the remove and it reduced it to a pale pink

Here I go again with my new found love of Kapello Hair!! They do pre bonded and the pre taped and have no issues with stock colour. Fab, soft, beautiful hair and awesome staying gorgeous power! I'm in love 😍

Here I go again with my new found love of Kapello Hair!! They do pre bonded and the pre taped and have no issues with stock colour. Fab, soft, beautiful hair and awesome staying gorgeous power! I'm in love 😍

Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking but would you please be able to message me some prices for the Kapello taped hair as I was sent a brochure and samples but no prices. I have messaged them 3 times but have had no reply, thanking you in advance

Girls at removal appointments do any of you remove and reapply right after?

I always find removal a bit messy and so I have to split it into two appointments one to take down and another to reapply it.....any tips on doing it all in the one day? :D

Hey guys I'm a skin geek from australia and I will tell you tapes is pretty much all anyone gets here now.
I have super fine hair and any other method either falls out or is so bulky you can see the bumps. But the tapes are awesome they sit flat to your head so even after they were moved up they didn't hurt from pulling like beads or wefts.
And you can flip them and wear a high pony no problems unlike beads etc.
The ones I have atm are showpony hairextensions (remy 100% hun man half euro half Indian for strength and softness and are double drawn- I do my research) and they have brought out a newer better version called skin wefts so unlike with the tapes you can see the shiny bit these tapes don't have that so are even more undetectable.
Don't know if you can get them in euro but at least you can check out their website

Sorry to hijack this thread but I have always found removing tape from skin wefts particularly messy and sticky with the old tape coming off the skin weft but still sticking to the hair. Does anyone have hints to make removal easier? I haven't done tapes for a while but am keen to start again. Only thing that's putting me off is the removal.
Thank you xx

Ps I absolutely hate regular wefts that have tape put on them, it's just really bulky. Best doing a micro weave or standard weave instead of tape for that imo xxx

Sorry to hijack this thread but I have always found removing tape from skin wefts particularly messy and sticky with the old tape coming off the skin weft but still sticking to the hair. Does anyone have hints to make removal easier? I haven't done tapes for a while but am keen to start again. Only thing that's putting me off is the removal.
Thank you xx

Ps I absolutely hate regular wefts that have tape put on them, it's just really bulky. Best doing a micro weave or standard weave instead of tape for that imo xxx

Do you use the remover?
Best way is to put a small drop on the tape and get a cotton pad, fold it around the extension and clip it with a little pin curl clip and leave it there for a few mins, the extension comes out easily and after that you could remove residue by wiping the hair with the remover and cotton pad and then comb it out.
I remove the old tape while the remover is still on the extension and then wipe and retape.

With micro tapes I really don't need to do that though because they come out so so easily and I'll usually be good to go by just combing out the residue.

It also depends what kind of tape your using to, some companies use Protac tape but they say it is and that's when removal gets hard and messy.
Italian tape is the best!

Have you got a link for the tape you use ☺️ Many thanks xx

Do you use the remover?
Best way is to put a small drop on the tape and get a cotton pad, fold it around the extension and clip it with a little pin curl clip and leave it there for a few mins, the extension comes out easily and after that you could remove residue by wiping the hair with the remover and cotton pad and then comb it out.
I remove the old tape while the remover is still on the extension and then wipe and retape.

With micro tapes I really don't need to do that though because they come out so so easily and I'll usually be good to go by just combing out the residue.

It also depends what kind of tape your using to, some companies use Protac tape but they say it is and that's when removal gets hard and messy.

What remover do you use Elaine? I've used 91% Isopropyl before and it's worked great but I've been having a huge problem with the SJK tape? It's turned to thick glue that nothing seems to budge?

I know AR are now doing tape, but ive only just recently qualified and needing a model im confused as to how many packs to buy? I dont want to run out of hair obviously! How many roughly do you need? I know AR is 10 per pack at 2g a piece!

Do you use the remover?

Hi sorry for the delay in teplying!
Yes used removers but I think it's been protac that was on the last lot I used. It loosened the tape from the skin weft so it came away easily but left the tape in a lump on the hair!! Is there a specific remover you would reccomend? Xx

I've just ordered 8 packs of 10 angel remy tapes, works out 160g of hair so enough for full head. We will see!

How are we removing angel remy tape? I've used acetone in past on studio58 but am worried that won't work on angel remy? X

Hi sorry for the delay in teplying!
Yes used removers but I think it's been protac that was on the last lot I used. It loosened the tape from the skin weft so it came away easily but left the tape in a lump on the hair!! Is there a specific remover you would reccomend? Xx

This usually happens when the tapes have been in there too long, that's why most companies don't go more than 6-8 weeks, also depending on each client, some clients get oily hair quicker than others and oils in the hair cause the tape to come loose off the weft and get stuck in the hair.
It should come out with the remover, try to saturate the lump in remover and leave it on there and try pulling it out (not ripping) with your fingers.

If that doesn't work then put conditioner on damp hair and comb it out, it's usually a no no as hair is the very fragile when it's wet but for next time to prevent it use Italian tape and tell your clients not to stretch out their maintenance.
Hope I helped :)

This usually happens when the tapes have been in there too long, that's why most companies don't go more than 6-8 weeks, also depending on each client, some clients get oily hair quicker than others and oils in the hair cause the tape to come loose off the weft and get stuck in the hair.
It should come out with the remover, try to saturate the lump in remover and leave it on there and try pulling it out (not ripping) with your fingers.

If that doesn't work then put conditioner on damp hair and comb it out, it's usually a no no as hair is the very fragile when it's wet but for next time to prevent it use Italian tape and tell your clients not to stretch out their maintenance.
Hope I helped :)

If the remover doesn't work try using oil, don't use Moroccan oil or argon because I think that's wasteful try olive oil and it hopefully should come out.
Let me know how you go :)

Do you find most that you have to double them up or do u do them single? Xx

Latest posts

Back