What does everyone think about taped wefts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FakeItBaby

Reaction score
Hi, I am considering adding a new method of extensions onto what I do and wondered what everyone thinks of taped wefts. Do they stay in and what is the maintenance like, any feedback would be gratefully received, thank you

Hi, Im doing this also with Racoon in feb next year. I think it would be a great addition to our services as some people just want hair extensions for a temporary period. Im interested to hear from anyone that currently works with them tho x

Hi, Im doing this also with Racoon in feb next year. I think it would be a great addition to our services as some people just want hair extensions for a temporary period. Im interested to hear from anyone that currently works with them tho x

I hear they are realy popular in Australia and I have seen some hat looked good but I was concerned as to how long they last

How wide are the strip and what weights are they usually?

I've been looking into them too but can't find a supplier I wanted good quality hair . Easilocks do them but they are tres expensive ?? X

I've been looking into them too but can't find a supplier I wanted good quality hair . Easilocks do them but they are tres expensive ?? X

Studio 58 do them. I've not seen any other company

Australia most of the extensions I would say are tapes- mine ever fall out, they don't cause hardly any stress to the hair/head and you can re use the hair over and over if in good condition. Overal application time is about 30 mins too

I had a client over the summer who had tape extensions in. She got them when she went back to visit family in Malaysia 3 months before and still looked relatively nice. I don't do tape but it did intrigue me lol x

I would looove these, but cant rely find any good ones in Ireland! I do micro bead & find the application quite hard, as I have carpel tunnel syndrome in my wrist its very difficult to clamp the hair tightly.

Mine are tiny there 2.1g and a few inches wide ...

I think they are the tape extensions Zoe the skin or tape wefts are usually about 36" wide and you cut them down to size.

One of the girls i work with does them but mainly does regulars shes done with them for a while everyones more after the sewn and microrings in our salon but i like them they last just as long as sew ins there easy to remove with the removers were as i thought they would be a nightmare getting out they just look so much more natural i think. I can check the booklets in salon tomorrow for aftercare and anything else if you like.

Thank you so much for your help, I would realy be interested in knowing about the after care too if you can find out more

i make my own tape in ext i buy wefts and roll of tape and its alot cheaper

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

oh walkers ultra hold ext tape is the best and holds upto 6 weeks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have u got the link for the walkers tape?

Mailed my supplier Sjk and they are starting them after Christmas. !!

This may sound ridiculous but is it not damaging to the hair? What is it taped with? I've looked at it before but was put of by thinking whenever I've had Sellotape stuck to my hair its ripped the hair and snapped it?
I know its not Sellotape they use obv but what is it??x

It tapes in the hair with a wayerproof tape and when you take them out u use a acetone based remover and it disintegrates all the stickiness stoping it from ripping the hair out

I love tape extensions. Seriously I don't know why you would buy them ready made. Its cheaper to buy a weft of your choice, then stick the tape on. The tape itself is designed for wigs and can be worn causing no damage to your hair. You can also then customise the size of the wefts to suit your client.
I had a beauty works celeb choice weft in for 10 weeks! It was way too long and needed reapplying after about 6 but I was road testing the tape lol. Even after 10 weeks the tape didn't want to budge. It can get a bit messy though but have a practice and its a very cheap, quick and effective method for short term use. I call mine express extensions.

I love tape extensions. Seriously I don't know why you would buy them ready made. Its cheaper to buy a weft of your choice, then stick the tape on. The tape itself is designed for wigs and can be worn causing no damage to your hair. You can also then customise the size of the wefts to suit your client.
I had a beauty works celeb choice weft in for 10 weeks! It was way too long and needed reapplying after about 6 but I was road testing the tape lol. Even after 10 weeks the tape didn't want to budge. It can get a bit messy though but have a practice and its a very cheap, quick and effective method for short term use. I call mine express extensions.

How do you make your own? Just wondering cause when I buy them there's a small bit as to were I can stick the tape so it's not straight to hair if that makes sense!

Latest posts

Back