What does everyone think of Neal's Yard remedies?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joycee8

Reaction score
I've been looking at Neals yard recently, but Unsure - anyone using them? :)

Saw other posts from couple of years ago sorry

I am a consultant for NYR Organic. They are an ethical brand with a skin care range for every skin type, and inner health/wellness products too.

The range is extremely popular with beauty and holistic therapist's. There are no minimum orders, and the start-up cost is low. There is a start up promotion at the moment, so the cost is currently reduced, until 25th August.

The products get great media coverage, so people trust them. The new Deliciously Ella range is getting a lot of attention at the moment.

NYR Organic are a direct sales company, so you do have the opportunity to sell via parties-if it interests you. However, it is not a requirement. If you just want to simply use products for treatments, and to sell to your clients, then you can do just that!

I hope that helps!

Please message me if you would like a sample pack and to find out more.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an Multi Level Marketing company that sells on a party plan basis so isn't considered a professional use product. The products themselves have a good reputation but it's a bit like going to your beautician and have them use Boots No.7 products on you.

Would a client be prepared to pay extra ££ for a facial just for your expertise in skincare when they can easily buy the same product themselves and slap it on at home? They could even start up their own little business with no professional qualifications and lure your existing customers.

What range did you train with?
Have you considered Eve Taylor as they're an affordable Professional range and seem quite a popular brand on here?

I disagree that they are not a professional brand.

Neal's Yard offer a very advanced education programme and the knowledge base of their therapists tends to far exceed that of a standard level 3 salon worker.

It is most odd that they've decided to sell via MLM and certainly it's extremely off putting. But I would imagine most would see through someone who is purely an untrained salesperson and has zero understanding of the products vs a trained therapist using these products in treatments.

I would be concerned about market saturation; but with that comes real visibility in the marketplace. It's a trusted brand and people feel safe in the ingredients and ethos.

It's not a brand I would stock. But equally it has many merits :)

http://www.nealsyardremedies.com/course-categories/professional-courses/

Last edited:
I think it's a massive shame that they are an mlm brand. As such, I wouldn't stock them, regardless of their training as I don't think a multi level marketing brand should be used in professional treatments.

What do you want them for? Are you looking for a brand to use in treatments and for retail or just to use?

Vic x

I am a consultant for NYR Organic. They are an ethical brand with a skin care range for every skin type, and inner health/wellness products too.

The range is extremely popular with beauty and holistic therapist's. There are no minimum orders, and the start-up cost is low. There is a start up promotion at the moment, so the cost is currently reduced, until 25th August.

The products get great media coverage, so people trust them. The new Deliciously Ella range is getting a lot of attention at the moment.

NYR Organic are a direct sales company, so you do have the opportunity to sell via parties-if it interests you. However, it is not a requirement. If you just want to simply use products for treatments, and to sell to your clients, then you can do just that!

I hope that helps!

Please message me if you would like a sample pack and to find out more.

Hi there, i have been looking for an organic skincare range to use in my home salon. Is it possible to get some samples? Ive recently had samples of The Organic Pharmacy, but some of their products are not vegan.
Thanks
Lucy

Hi Lucy! Of course! Not a problem. Please could you send me your address to: [email protected] or pm it to me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

As explained, NYR is indeed a direct sales company. However, Nyr are extremely therapist focused.

My advice is, research the company, it’s ethics and values, see if it resonates with you and your business. I have used a number of professional brands (including Eve Taylor, which is a good brand) and I have still opted for NYR, because I love the products, natural health, the results and the ethics of the company. I am passionate about it, and it’s passion that sells!

I have had a number of therapist’s ask me, are parties a requirement if they join? I just wanted to confirm, no you do not have to do parties. If you just want to use products to sell to clients and use in treatments, then that is perfectly fine!

All the best to everyone in their search to find the right skin care brand!

Hi there. I open my beauty room at home last November and decided to use NYR Organic range because the products are fabulous. Yes you do have to sign up to be a "consultant" but I haven't had one party and no pressure to hit any target or make sales either.

What I did get for a £XX starter kit, was £xxx of gorgeous products which enabled me to offer beautiful facial treatments. If a client wishes to make a purchase that is a bonus for me as I do get 25% commission. However, I'm not in it for that and never push clients that way. If I can help further please feel free to drop me a message.

[edited to remove trade prices]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back