What does your express and luxury facial include and what prices?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireyfairy

Reaction score
Hi I am new to facials and trying to work out what is classed as a luxury and express/mini facial.
At college we was taught the routine of double cleanse, exfoliate, face, neck and shoulder massage, masque, tone, moisturise. would this be a basic or a luxury? what do you include to make it luxury? also im not sure on pricing (home salon) I need to set a price so I can discount whilst im new to it but make it clear on the long term price. Thanks if you can help.

Hi I am new to facials and trying to work out what is classed as a luxury and express/mini facial.
At college we was taught the routine of double cleanse, exfoliate, face, neck and shoulder massage, masque, tone, moisturise. would this be a basic or a luxury? what do you include to make it luxury? also im not sure on pricing (home salon) I need to set a price so I can discount whilst im new to it but make it clear on the long term price. Thanks if you can help.
I think your price is dictated by your products. We use 2 ranges and the price difference is high. We use Swissdermyl for our lovely relaxing, nurturing facial for clients who can't have a machine used on them or who are pregnant, then we use environ with the machine for a totally different kind of facial.

The price difference is nearly double.

Vic x

I use Decleor products, and so follow their procedure, which is as follows:

My express is a basic double cleanse, exfoliate, mini-massage, mask, hand massage, hot towel compress and moisturiser, which takes me about 30 mins or less. In this facial I only use retail products, not any specific professional products, so its a great way for clients to try the range and what they could achieve at home.

My deluxe is a back massage, double cleanse using professional deep cleanser, exfoliation using AHA (a scalp massage whilst it is on), 15+mins face and shoulder massage, specific professional mask, hand and arm massage, hot towel compress and moisturiser - this takes me about 90 mins.

I also have a standard facial, which is about 75 mins, and the same as the deluxe, except I use an enzyme exfoliator and the mask is a 100% natural poultice.

Thanks for your reply's. I'm really struggling with pricing ☹
I have bought some kaeso whilst I'm practicing and then will get eve Taylor if it proves popular.
I was thinking maybe £24 for the whole routine I said above and offering half price whilst I get some experience on my technique?
I can then if I bring in the eve Taylor range decide on some different facial packages to offer but the pricing will be around that mark. Any thoughts on this? Thanks again? X

Thanks for your reply's. I'm really struggling with pricing ☹
I have bought some kaeso whilst I'm practicing and then will get eve Taylor if it proves popular.
I was thinking maybe £24 for the whole routine I said above and offering half price whilst I get some experience on my technique?
I can then if I bring in the eve Taylor range decide on some different facial packages to offer but the pricing will be around that mark. Any thoughts on this? Thanks again? X

My advice is don't start off too cheap as you will struggle to bring your prices up in the future, if customers get used to paying £X amount its very difficult then to get them to pay anything more.

Work out how much product you will use for each treatment and the approximate cost of the products used. Then be sure to take things like how much rent your paying, utilities, laundering of towels, consumables (cotton wool and the like), petrol (if mobile) and your time in consideration. that should give you a rough indicator of how much you should be charging.

Im not sure about Kaeso but if you set up an account with Eve Taylor theres a section of their pro site which will help you work out pricing for their treatments and they will even send you out a cost modeller if you request one.

Good Luck xx

I am bit rubbish at explaining costings so if your still struggling PM me your email address and i'll send you an example of a spreadsheet I used to work out some of my prices xxx

Your product supplier will have guidelines on luxury /basic facial plus guidelines on price. As Bingfairy says, don't start too low, as it's harder to increase prices later. Also, low prices will attract a different type of customer who may not be long-time loyal. You can do one-off special offer or good price on a course of facials (buy 4+1 free e.g.) while you get accustomed to the new range you're going to choose. Do make absolutely certain you work out how much each facial costs you to ensure you make enough profit.

We were told at college that a deluxe meant adding in exfoliating, a steam and longer massage.

Latest posts

Back