What gets you new clients- your Facebook page or your website?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately I am unable to share any results yet, but I can share my thoughts on that.

Having a FB page is good. It's a good platform which is easy to operate and start with. However, you're unable to change any of its design. You are given some "template" to put your pictures in. It's hart to be different, to be distinguished.

Having your own web space gives you much more flexibility, freedom and personality! It also looks more professional. It's a way to be different. It's your face.

Both options have different tools for monitoring/usage indicators (FB Insides or Google Analytics). These can easily provide you with statistics how many times was your page visited, what time have visitors spent, etc.

Keeping those facts in mind, I decided to invest in both. Now I do have my own website which I put on business cards, flyers as well as other commercial materials. Furthermore, I have also connected both - the website with the FB page, which gives me flexibility to easily share any content and gather audience (more likes, comments, etc).

And last but definitely not least - the most important part imo, there are actually two things:

1. Content
2. Site updates

You have to spend at least 1/2 an hour a day, in order to keep your site "alive". Try to make a blog to share your thoughts, progress or just some experience. Treat your webpage like a flower that must be watered every single day. Try to make people to comment, like and spread it across (with your content of course, not asking them just to like your page:)). It requires lot of energy, consistency and devotion, but I am sure that the end result will be worth the effort.

Sincerely,
Mirella

Last edited:
Mines a bit of both! Facebook has been great for getting reviews and getting people to like! But I find my best advertising is word of mouth xx

Combination of both, but the most important thing is pictures of your own work, realistic work, not manufacturers pictures or bought pictures that lead to expectations.

You have to be able to deliver what you sell, and if you are selling your talent, it has to be honest .....

defo agree with nailzoo about putting your own work on there. Everytime I do I get new clients. You have to keep reminding people everyday who you are and what you do...but make it interesting too. I ask my clients (best friend clients really) to write good feedback comments on my page to build up a history (not that they always do! lol!) but you get the idea.

In the early days I am I finding I am spending 80% of my time marketing and 20% doing treatments...eventually with time this will change..I'm positive. You can't sit back and wait for people to come to you...you've got to go get them

Latest posts

Back