What gets you new clients- your Facebook page or your website?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Passionate

Reaction score
I'm thinking of having a website designed and was wondering if other geeks found it gained them more new clients? Or those of you with a Facebook page and no website find they get by ok without a website? Would love any feedback! :D

Last edited:
A combination of both.

If you're serious about business there are enough free or reasonably priced websites out there- don't be tempted to put off having a website off because FB is free to use.

Facebook is a social networking tool- so its going to be more interactive, but a website is going to be able to let you impart information more easily than Facebook would- and on your terms!

It's an impossible question really! It's really down to have effectively you use them.

I have started out with a Facebook page because it was instant and free. However, I will be investing in a website, as that is what I look for when having treatments myself. I find it it gives me first impressions on if I want to visit that salon. I get a feel for how they want to portray themselves and I see this is their window to the world.

Although saying that, it doesn't put me off if they don't have one and I am going on word of mouth instead. This is very powerful where I live. It's just a shame if they don't have one.

With my Facebook page, I find having a friend who knows everyone, and I mean everyone! helpful to business, in that whenever she has something done I put up photos and tag her in them. Bingo, it generates interest!

I get a lot from my website, I found Facebook didn't work for me. But a website is a must, my clients have found it so helpfyl

Thanks everyone for you input. I was looking at some free website builders but was also thinking of investing in having it designed professionally but wanted to weigh up the pro's and cons first!

Facebook is a social networking tool- so its going to be more interactive, but a website is going to be able to let you impart information more easily than Facebook would- and on your terms!

That's a good point thanks! I think I'll go ahead with one:wink2:

I use both but find I get most of my new clients from my website. I use the free website builder yola and did it all myself. You can check it out if you want to get a feel of what a finished site through them looks like. My Site

I use both but get most through the website. I use dm web solutions And they are brilliant. They are Website design Glasgow Uddingston Motherwell East Kilbride Cumbernauld Lanarkshire
And if you want to see mine it's Beauty Salon Dunblane Stirling Neroli Beauty Salon Dunblane Beauty therapists Dunblane beauticians Scotland uk they have also been really good at helping me do online newsletters stuff with my Facebook page setting up online payment for gift vouchers. I am a complete technophobe lol

Deffo recommend both.

I use Facebook, it helps as you can advertise on local 'selling' pages as well to help spread the word.

I also have a website, made it from a free website maker site an pay something small for it to be live each month, it's really easy to update latest pics, news etc

I brought a ......co.uk/......com etc host name (could be ur company name/logo) separate for a one off fee and link the two.

Hope that makes sense/helps lol :)

I have both but I don't get anything from my FB at all. I still have it as it's useful for doing a special offer now and again that is only available on there and a few clients of mine have now liked my page too so helps keep in touch with them. But for me, all my clients so far have come via my website after searching on Google. I think a website is the most powerful and useful source of advertising as most people Google everything these days

I use both but get most through the website. I use dm web solutions And they are brilliant. They are Website design Glasgow Uddingston Motherwell East Kilbride Cumbernauld Lanarkshire
And if you want to see mine it's Beauty Salon Dunblane Stirling Neroli Beauty Salon Dunblane Beauty therapists Dunblane beauticians Scotland uk they have also been really good at helping me do online newsletters stuff with my Facebook page setting up online payment for gift vouchers. I am a complete technophobe lol

im sorry, but I cant seem to access the whole of the site.. it seems to sitting to the left of the page, and slicing off a little of the left.. maybe its just me?

I have both but on the whole most of my work comes people searching on the internet which mainly brings up my website, or word of mouth and cards given out.

Hi honey

I have that my website is the best tool for gaining new clients. Fb for me has been a bit of a non starter, although yday i picked up a new client well two actually both having two treatments each at the one address. That said ive has fb for nearly 12 months. My website on the other hand, which i built myself, is great and bar maybe one or two all my clients have come through this.

Fb is great to upload new pics, industry related news and such like, but a website is like your shop front, especially if youre mobile.

Not everyone has fb either.

X x x

A website is a wonderful tool to give a more professional look to outsiders. I wouldn't necessarily say it brings business, but its more of a piece in building.
I personally have gotten a lot of responses from craigslist. I list my website and facebook. At that point I get a lot of "likes" on my facebook page as they follow and see new photos and posts from happy clients.
There isn't just one thing that helps bring in clients, its a combination of putting yourself out there, time, and hard work :)

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

I get LOADS of new business from my website, and it was free.

I get sod all from Facebook so don't bother updating it any more.

X

If you put time and effort into both, they can work well.

Have both, but things don't happen overnight, it takes time and people need to know about them.

I get LOADS of new business from my website, and it was free.

I get sod all from Facebook so don't bother updating it any more.

X

Who did u use for your free site im never sure if thay r really free :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

My name is Emily i am a qualified hairdresser and i now work for Dm Web Solutions mentioned above. Thanks for the kind comments. We are very successful in bringing in new business for hair and beauty companies. We are a friendly family firm and offer a free demonstration of what we do and our google rankings work. Contact us on 0845 468 4660 or email me at [email protected] to have a chat. :)

My website got nothing! Crazy how it works for the individual I get loads of clients thro fb and keep them remembering me by posting new photos of recent work or something crazy to do with nails! And they love it!

Check my fb out

Nail Karma (one with red lips and red nails)
There is two one trying to get rid off.

Thanks

My website has brought me a lot of new clients and business and I have received a lot of positive feedback from clients about it. They see it as professional and it stands out, a lot of mobile therapists here don't have proper sites so I think clients see my website and it reassures them.
I do get lots through Facebook too and I tend to use Facebook and twitter to promote any offers etc or just to keep engaging with people.

My labour of love Bella Vita - Home Beauty Service Dublin Ireland, Manicure, Shellac Nails, Spray Tan

all my clients are from googling my website or word of mouth, ive got nothing from facebook but as said i keep it as you never know!!

i did my website for free with wix.com

Latest posts

Back