What happens after handing in notice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlmoo

Reaction score
Hi there [emoji112] new here so go easy [emoji51][emoji51]
Long story short I’m handing in my notice on Saturday (worked at the salon for 7 months, no contract)
I work in a very busy salon where the 2 other stylist (including my boss) are fully booked till july[emoji51]
I’m nervous to hand my notice in as it is because of the reaction my boss is going to give but I’m also nervous that while I’m working my notice which should only be a week my boss is going to make me ring my clients that I have booked in to try reschedule them with her and the other girl which is going to be a nightmare to try and squeeze clients in and I can tell I’m going to have a few very angry clients [emoji85]
She might tell me to grab my stuff and go but knowing what she’s like she’s going to make me work notice and make every minute of it hell[emoji30]
Has anybody given notice and had to ring clients to reschedule them?

It’s standard to instantly put you on garden leave (sent home but still paid) when you hand in your notice to stop you poaching the salon’s clients.
If you’re not going to be working in another salon/for yourself, then she has nothing to lose by making you stay and work the full week.
Therefore, it depends on what you tell her when you hand in your notice...

Latest posts

Back