What is going on with Tibby Olivier?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
will be interesting if this is true

Last edited:
I have never known anything like this to happen to our Industry.
I think the repercussions will cost us dear, especially in client confidence.

Therapists bought products in good faith, invested in a brand, some becoming trainers and sub distributors, and it would now appear to all have been built on deception.
The further you delve into this the murkier it gets.

Therapists with integrity are now stuck with stock they can't use on clients until they find out for sure if they are potentially dangerous, or just not what they claim to be.
Once clients who have paid good money for courses of these treatments find out, who are they going to approach for answers and get angry with about being ripped off?
Not Tibby Olivier but the therapist, who has been completely hung out to dry.

A terrible situation, and 1 week on still no credible statements or answers from the company involved. Disgraceful.

I trained at the CND academy because of the S2 backing for SV and FL and was a but concerned when they decided to remove Tibby Olivier. I naively thought that there was a legitimate reason for it though.

I am drawing up my price lists for my new salon as we speak and they would have been treatments on my list. I wouldn't even have known about the issues if it wasn't for this thread, so I have to say a huge thank you! I was going to push that I was the only salon around doing these treatments, so whatever comes to light could have really made an impact on me.

I will definitely not be adding these treatments now. Even if there is nothing majorly wrong, I've lost trust xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Knew there was something about this company always, had an inkling can't explain it but I somehow knew they were ripping off the therapist kept quiet as I don't have evidence or details and it sounded ridiculous kinda convinced myself I was being silly didn't want to just come out and say it with no backing or reasons but just had a uneasy negative feeling about them 😳 spooky lol

The lack of response from them has lost my trust also. Gutted they haven't come up with an explanation yet and I'm already looking at other facial brands which I'm sure others are. Sad because I've loved their products and only been using them a year, but I feel so uneasy about it. Such a shame:(

To be honest there seems to have been a lot of snarkiness, underhand dealings, shoddy customer service, and backstabbing in the supply side of this industry recently. And I find it all highly unprofessional. It feels like everyone is out to get our money, it's getting very cut throat and find some suppliers for too big for their boots.

All we want is good quality products and equipment delivered as promised so we can carry out our jobs to the highest quality possible so we can pay our bills!

Yep, it's quite ugly and very unprofessional out there at the moment.

Besides the actual issues of the products etc, I think the saddest thing to come out of all this, is the lack of trust some people now feel towards ALL suppliers, which is understandable. This has had a knock on effect for the whole nails and beauty industry and TO should be ashamed of themselves.

Sent from my D6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've seen so much of this on facebook and have read this tread but I still can't work out what is going on?
Something about the products were not vegan as said and not cruelty free as they said plus the wrap being pallet wrap?
^ I have no idea if this is true though.

So what is the issue people are having, has it been said they are dangerous?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1424079876.911705.jpg

The joys of the EU... TO are able to remove any negative google search results about themselves...

I've seen so much of this on facebook and have read this tread but I still can't work out what is going on?
Something about the products were not vegan as said and not cruelty free as they said plus the wrap being pallet wrap?

I would find it hilarious if the pallet wrap thing was true after their blog post the other day describing how superior their wrap is!

Apparently according to whoever posted on twitter they were lying about what was in everything the info said one thing and they did another. Also what they sent to be tested was different to what they sold to their customers. So a lot of therapists are afraid to use the products on clients because it's very unclear what's actually in them. I don't know what's happened however the fact they haven't released an explanation of tried to put their customers at ease leads me to believe that there is some truth in it. I don't use the products but feel genuinely bad for the situation that it's left many therapists in! We should be able to trust all our suppliers xxx

Their twitter account has been suspended now. That took them long enough :p

Their twitter account has been suspended now. That took them long enough :p

It had supposedly been suspended last week but started again at the weekend - should we hold our breath :lol: :lol:

Thanks Nicky nails

What has actually been said in these tweets? i tried to find them the other day but couldn't! whats going on????

Lots of veiled messages about not to trust them, ripping off therapists and clients, that the MDSD sheets were wrong and are now missing, hinting that there are dangerous ingredients, saying to get out while you can from a therapist who will name themselves after they've gotten rid of all their stock and it's safe for them to do so xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Is this just some sort of malicious trolling by the twitter poster? Nothing hurts a brand more than rumor and speculation.

I don't use TO, I was put off when doing my research that they couldn't or wouldn't produce any sort of scientific evidence to back up their claims.

Anyway, from what I can gather (from reading tweets and various posts), they have ousted a few of their trainers and providers for asking/answering questions regarding the brand, with their own personal views.

From other things I've read, some of their products contain products they claim they don't or, don't contain what they claim. I've read (from therapists) that some products contain nut oils which weren't disclosed, leaving them dangerous to use on people who suffer allergies and other ingredients which would make them not so vegan friendly.

TO hasn't and won't respond to these claims to put people at ease and that's what's concerning a few people - which is a shame.

There's got to be something serious to affect the relationship with S2, I don't think they'd necessarily pull out of stocking for petty rumours and they would state their reasons should it have been due to competition stockists.

It's all a bit strange.

Obviously, nothing has been admitted, denied or rubbished. My info is purely what I have read from other therapists.

Is this just some sort of malicious trolling by the twitter poster? Nothing hurts a brand more than rumor and speculation.

No.

Latest posts

Back